Myhermes sending to Argos Click and Collect

Options
I've sold some dvd's on ebay and the buyer has given me an address that's listed as "argos in sainsburys" which I presume to be a click and collect point. I'm not familiar with these at all. I will be sending this via myhermes (as advertised), using the parcel automated point at the local shop. Can I do this? Will they deliver to Argos click and collect or will I have to ask the buyer for a residential address?

Thanks. Speedy replies would be appreciated (for obvious reasons :D)

Comments

• steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It will be fine, don't worry, just make sure the reference number is on the address label.
  • strangeotron
    Options
    THanks, do you mean the series of letters starting 'eCP'?

Theres no number in the address other than the postcode
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have sent tons of things to click and collect places by My Hermes without problem. The eCP ref is what the staff put in the system so the buyer can be alerted to come and collect the item. So it needs to be on the label.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,295 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've sold some dvd's on ebay and the buyer has given me an address that's listed as "argos in sainsburys" which I presume to be a click and collect point. I'm not familiar with these at all. I will be sending this via myhermes (as advertised), using the parcel automated point at the local shop. Can I do this? Will they deliver to Argos click and collect or will I have to ask the buyer for a residential address?

Thanks. Speedy replies would be appreciated (for obvious reasons :D)

Whatever you do don't ask the buyer for a different address, you won't be covered by PayPal seller protection unless you send to the address already given.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • strangeotron
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    I have sent tons of things to click and collect places by My Hermes without problem. The eCP ref is what the staff put in the system so the buyer can be alerted to come and collect the item. So it needs to be on the label.

Thanks, i've done that and sent it off. Hopefully there won't be a problem. I've had no issues with myhermes thus far. Don't really understand why ebay doesn't list it as a delivery option tbh though. It's just RM or Ebay couriers (who don't operate locally)
  • biscit
    biscit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely no issue with myHermes delivering to Argos C&C, in fact possibly fewer issues than having them deliver to a private house. They'll deliver there as readily as any other address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure