This Duo's debt free journey

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You have some big goals DFD but that is great :) You will achieve them all if you start early enough, track your progress frequently and are committed to the actions needed to achieve them.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    No, never been able to see it before. Last year my debt must have been 30k+. That's scary.

Without my car, it's at 7k.

Look how far you have came, this time next year you may just be completely free of debt, 30k+ of debt cleared in 2 years!
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    You have some big goals DFD but that is great :) You will achieve them all if you start early enough, track your progress frequently and are committed to the actions needed to achieve them.

Yes I do have some pretty big goals and I know the journey won't be easy but it will show my DS that regardless of your situation you can achieve anything you want to as long as you put your mind to it.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Look how far you have came, this time next year you may just be completely free of debt, 30k+ of debt cleared in 2 years!

I WILL be! I am absolutely determined to have it all gone. If I am working, I will need a car, but I will ensure it is a positive asset not negative.

If I am not working this job, then I will have no car and no loan. I have to get rid of it.
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Yes I do have some pretty big goals and I know the journey won't be easy but it will show my DS that regardless of your situation you can achieve anything you want to as long as you put your mind to it.

That would a wonderful lesson to teach him that would benefit him his whole life :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    I'm feeling rather emotional today, its a good job I'm housebound today as I am feeling a little spendy because I want to make myself feel better, I know in reality this will make me feel worse. Some things surfaced for me last night and I didn't sleep very well, I really miss having someone else around but I'm not ready to let anyone in yet.

Have some people coming to the house today so I've had a good tidy, my landlord dropped it on me at the last minute that an estate agent will be coming round to do a valuation, I have no idea why this would be required though and it makes me nervous that they will sell the house and I will have to find somewhere else to live.

I'm going to get some studying done today while DS plays, I think if I throw myself in to my work then I will feel better in the long term.
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough day DFD, I hope the studying goes really well :o
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Well landlord came over and they might be selling the house, now I can't think properly at all.
  • 117pauline
    Options
    That is worrying for you. Have they given you any idea of when they are going to let you know?

I think this last week or so has been very challenging for a lot of posters here on the diaries. I wish I had the answer to why our minds cause us so much grief.

Your goals for 2018 are going to be challenging.

I would like you to add another - be kind to yourself

You mentioned you don't want to direct your child too much and I think you are right on that. By setting him the example of being kind to yourself and others, you will be teaching him a lesson for life.

Small steps today. Short bursts of study mixed with plenty of tea, some housework etc then some pleasure things too.

Keep your chin up, take care
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    They have some things that they need to look into first so I expect I will know within a week, they also said that they would be looking to sell the property with me as part of the deal but I'm not sure how I feel about that, once they have the property then there will be nothing stopping them issuing me with 2 months notice. I love my landlord and they are probably my biggest reason for staying put for so long. I have everything crossed that things will just fall into place and my landlord won't sell.

I will certainly add in being kind to myself where I can, I try to be as kind to others as I possibly can be and explain how important kindness is to DS. Maybe I will add in a treat each term, something just completely for me. I do have tickets for a concert next year which I bought a few months back, it seems so far away but that will be a real treat for me.

Small steps has definitely been my approach to today and its working quite well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure