Can I apply for a new 0% credit card from company I already hold credit card with

Options
2»

Comments

• The_Urbanite
    Options
    I've had a Barclaycard IHG Visa for a couple of years, always paid off in full. Was accepted for a 0% purchases and balance transfer Barclaycard Platinum last month. Duly received and maxed out. YMMV.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've had a Barclaycard IHG Visa for a couple of years, always paid off in full. Was accepted for a 0% purchases and balance transfer Barclaycard Platinum last month. Duly received and maxed out. YMMV.
    What does YMMV mean?:)
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • SeduLOUs
    SeduLOUs Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    Options
    Last month I got accepted for and received a second Barclaycard. The new one is a Barclaycard platinum that I used for a balance transfer, and I already hold an Amex and Visa combo cashback card from them.

Can't transfer a balance from one Barclaycard to another though...
  • steevio_uk
    steevio_uk Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason why you want to put all your eggs in one basket and have 2 barclaycards?

In my position, I currently have a Barclaycard with a £11.2k limit, but no current offers on it.

In my own circumstances, I'd love to have a 2nd Barclaycard and then transfer the limit across to it, if permitted, as I mentioned in my own thread.

I just have little idea whether it's something Barclaycard commonly do!

It'd be brilliant if they did... but it seems doubtful that they even cancel 2nd cards after application, even though they have an active 'get a second card' page on their website.
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know someone that just last week apply for a second Barclaycard (balance transfer card). He did not get an instant response. Early this week he got an email that his card was on the way but with a £2k limit whilst on his first BC he has £12k. I have suggested for him to call customer service asking to move some of his Limit across and will report on what they tell him.

I personally already had 2 b/cards from before they had put a temporary stop to multiple cards per customers. Last summer I then applied for the Hilton Honors card, and after being declined, I called CS and got approved with an healthy limit, so now got three...
  • steevio_uk
    steevio_uk Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That'd be great if you could let me know the outcome. Thank you.
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update: my friend called yesterday and BC told him (not sure he understood 100% correctly), that he could share either one total limit across the two cards or split the total limit between the two cards, but he could not go ahead as he has yet to receive and activate the new card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure