Best tablet?

Options
2»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have the Samsung Tab S2 , works fine for my needs.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I pads have built in redundancy as far as I'm concerned meaning after appox 3-4 years from new the ios updates slow down these older units so much they are useless (personal experience)

I suspect you mean obsolescence. Redundancy (in electronic terms) generally means a backup option/plan - a means to keep working if one part fails. :)
  • rabbitred
    Options
    Google Pixel C
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rabbitred wrote: »
    Google Pixel C

Why do you say the Pixel C ?

OP what kind of budget are you wanting to spend ?
  • Brand_X
    Brand_X Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I'd go for either Lenovo or Galaxy. IMO the Galaxy Tab 10 is a winner; I've got the 8" version which was a lot cheaper (and I got it on special offer) but I rather miss the BIG screen and proper speakers - the 8" having just one puny speaker and having low volume even with ear-buds.

The Apple iPad is poor quality and grossly expensive, the only reason people buy it is vanity. The case is flimsy and the screen breaks easily, and if you want to connect it to anything you have to buy some expensive accessory from Apple, whereas with any other tablet it just WORKS. you can't even add a micro SD card!

Yes it's thin, and yes the new ones have that amusing novelty of vibrating when you touch them (and tbh I think that is cool) but have you ever noticed how many broken iPads there are for sale on eBay? iPads are fragile and why do you even want them to be so thin anyway? They are TOO thin, they're not comfortable to hold and they're not safe to put down in case they break. Also, Apple glue the components and screen into place VERY thoroughly to discourage people from trying to repair them - which is easy except for the glue.

My Galaxy Tab is tried and tested and it's pretty tough. It's a good design.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure