Shop Direct (Very) late payment markers no default

Options
Hi

In May 2012 I entered into a five year Debt Arrangement Scheme. All of my creditors except Shop Direct (Very) defaulted my accounts whilst Very kept applying late payment markers.

I contacted Very not long after I started my DAS asking them to default me, they refused saying it wasn't their policy to default accounts in debt management schemes. I raised a complaint at the end of my DAS, again, they said it wasn't policy to default accounts that are in DMPs. I then raised a complaint with the Financial Ombudsmen Service who said they haven't treated me differently from those not in DMPs and closed the case. Despite me saying the late markers would be on my file from when my DAS started in May 2012 and would remain until May 2023! :eek: The last late payment marker was May 2017. The account is now sitting as closed on my credit reports.

So, what I am asking is: Is there a way I can get Very/ Shop Direct to remove this account from my credit files? All other defaults have now been removed.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not if it’s a true representation of what happened.
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    NeedaName wrote: »
    Hi

In May 2012 I entered into a five year Debt Arrangement Scheme. All of my creditors except Shop Direct (Very) defaulted my accounts whilst Very kept applying late payment markers.

I contacted Very not long after I started my DAS asking them to default me, they refused saying it wasn't their policy to default accounts in debt management schemes. I raised a complaint at the end of my DAS, again, they said it wasn't policy to default accounts that are in DMPs. I then raised a complaint with the Financial Ombudsmen Service who said they haven't treated me differently from those not in DMPs and closed the case. Despite me saying the late markers would be on my file from when my DAS started in May 2012 and would remain until May 2023! :eek: The last late payment marker was May 2017. The account is now sitting as closed on my credit reports.

So, what I am asking is: Is there a way I can get Very/ Shop Direct to remove this account from my credit files? All other defaults have now been removed.

Thanks.

Although lenders like to act more freely than regulations permit in regards to submitting data to the CRAs, the hard truth is that any data submitted has to be accurate and truthful.

That said, some providers make "allowances" for their worthy customers, like a little leeway in regards to late markers etc. however in the industry this is considered bad practice and is kept to a minimum.

If they remove any trace of Shop Direct from your credit file, despite having used them and had a previous agreement / credit with them, it wouldn't be accurate and truthful. It has to remain in your closed accounts, even if the bad markers are wiped.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure