Compare Claim/no-claim quotes

Options
izthewiz_2
izthewiz_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Anniversary
edited 13 June 2018 at 3:29PM in Insurance & life assurance
My wife's car was damaged by some unknown inept @$$ while parked at the kerb and we are trying to decide whether it's worth paying for the repair or claiming on her insurance and getting shafted for the next 5 years.
I was hoping to use comparison sites to do this, comparing quotes for a policy if we have or haven't 'made a claim in the last 3/5 years', but will this 'trial admission' be recorded somewhere and show up on future applications as having made a claim even if we haven't? For which we'll no doubt be punished for telling lies...
And as she's a named driver on my policies for two other cars, will I get turned over too?

But that's car insurance - they've got you over a barrel whichever way....:mad::mad:

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You do have to disclose named drivers claims to your insurer(s)

When playing with quotes to find out the impact of changes then do so using dummy id details!
  • izthewiz_2
    Options
    Quentin,
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I did know about declaring claims for named drivers, but the dummy ID is a good idea. Should that be for just me or the car as well? I suppose I should log out from the comparison site too....
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 14 June 2018 at 3:20PM
    Options
    Dummy details meaning you cannot be identified! So don't give away your exact car Id!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure