Rebates on powercuts

Options
cepheus
cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
We have about 2 powercuts every year, usually in the middle of some sporting event (it seems), even during connected periods we often get flickering lights. In the last week we have been off 3 times and for most of today.

Has anyone successfully obtained a rebate for failure to provide electricity?

I am unofficially informed that the mains cables were bought cheap, are not properly protected, and are highly suseptible to ground movement. Only the cables on the main road were replaced so many of the side roads still have problems.

Do I have a good basis for a rebate or is it not worth the effort?

Comments

• jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Options
    cepheus wrote:
    We have about 2 powercuts every year, usually in the middle of some sporting event (it seems), even during connected periods we often get flickering lights. In the last week we have been off 3 times and for most of today.

Has anyone successfully obtained a rebate for failure to provide electricity?

I am unofficially informed that the mains cables were bought cheap, are not properly protected, and are highly suseptible to ground movement. Only the cables on the main road were replaced so many of the side roads still have problems.

Do I have a good basis for a rebate or is it not worth the effort?
    when a new estate was being built that was connected to our supply we had intermitten power cuts, we were told that we could put in for compensation, if it continued. funnily enough they stopped then lol.. no harm in keeping a diary of times etc and putting it to your supplier see what happens
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport