Anyone with a 25 year endowment which matured recently ?

Options

Comments

• newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 15 December 2014 at 6:57PM
    Options
    It appears so, although I thought it was sum assured plus accrued bonuses.
    Maybe they have recently changed the way they work it out, in view of the collapse in returns?
    Existing Bonus £7655.40 x 75% = £5741.55
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Options
    How soon will a company be able to give maturity figures? We have three L&G endowments due to mature in late 2016. Would they be able to give us a reasonably estimate of payout at this stage?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How soon will a company be able to give maturity figures?

Conventional with profits, possibly a month or two in advance. Unitised with profits or unit linked will be a few days after maturity.
    Would they be able to give us a reasonably estimate of payout at this stage?
    They can give a projection (as they do with each annual statement). That is as close as you will get.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • PJRComputerSolutions
    Options
    Hi All,

Quick question....

I've got 12 months left in an Endowment Policy with FriendsLife...Just got a Statement through & it has a Surrender Value of £38,102.35

Been on an Endowment Purchase Site that has Offered £39,048.00 nearly £1K more....

My question is, in a Historical Context, Will I tend to receive more if I let it run it's course, i.e for another 12 Months, which would mean paying 12x£91.83 more into the Policy, so in effect if I cash-it in now, I would receive £39,048.00 + 12x£91.83 = £40,149.96...???

What I am trying to find out is what sort of "premium" All things being equal should I expect to receive on Maturity, Could it be more than £40,149.96 or conversely, could it be less than the Surrender Value...

Anyone been in this Situation & can say what happened!!!!

Thanks in Advance....
  • dunstonh
    Options
    My question is, in a Historical Context, Will I tend to receive more if I let it run it's course, i.e for another 12 Months, which would mean paying 12x£91.83 more into the Policy, so in effect if I cash-it in now, I would receive £39,048.00 + 12x£91.83 = £40,149.96...???
    Impossible to say without knowing a lot more about the policy terms, funds, versions etc. Not something that can reliably be done on the internet.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • PJRComputerSolutions
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Impossible to say without knowing a lot more about the policy terms, funds, versions etc. Not something that can reliably be done on the internet.

Thanks for the Reply.....

Surely, If someone offers you £39K now, they think that they will receive more in 12mnths, unless they love losing money!!!! Isn't the Whole point of "selling" or "Surrendering" an Endowment to "leave" something for the next Guy.....??? People tend to Offer you less than they think that something is actually worth, It's Human Nature!!!!

If Selling or Surrendering was going to cost someone money in 12 Mnths time, then surely no-one would do it??? Unless they are taking a Gamble & are prepared to lose money on the deal in 12 Mths???? Depending upon how the Markets perform & the Terms of a Final Bonus....
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Surely, If someone offers you £39K now, they think that they will receive more in 12mnths, unless they love losing money

It could be that there are in built guarantees (such as mortgage promise) or the guaranteed minimum maturity value is higher than the surrender value.
  • dunstonh wrote: »
    It could be that there are in built guarantees (such as mortgage promise) or the guaranteed minimum maturity value is higher than the surrender value.

Is there anyway a "lay" Person, Like me could find out? Will FriendsLife tell me....???
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Will FriendsLife tell me....???

They will answer factual questions but they wont provide advice or opinion. Friends dont have any mortgage promise but they have plans with guaranteed sum assured/basic sum assureds etc (as well as some without).
  • boycie1
    boycie1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what a Scottish amicable 25 year endowment (SAIF) is paying out this year including terminal bonus?
    I pay £50 per month and it finishes August 2016.

I have had valuations & projections but they seem to vary depending on who I talk to.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure