Rep for PIP Tribunal

Options
Now that my wifes pip has been declined and we have to go to tribunal I have been in touch with Citizens Advice and they have said they can help with doing the appeal form but cannot attend the appeal with us.

Is there any organisations out there that can provide this service and get someone to come with us.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Now that my wifes pip has been declined and we have to go to tribunal I have been in touch with Citizens Advice and they have said they can help with doing the appeal form but cannot attend the appeal with us.

Is there any organisations out there that can provide this service and get someone to come with us.
    CAB very rarely represent people now because they don't have the funding. Welfare rights or a law centre is your best bet, if you have either of them in your area. This link will help. https://advicelocal.uk/
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 March 2019 at 2:16PM
    Options
    Any rep's input at the actual hearing will be very limited. The panel will want to hear directly from your wife.

The CAB may be able to help by guiding you through the process, explaining how the relevant PIP activities / descriptors may apply to your wife, going through the DWP evidence bundle with your wife, and writing a brief submission to the tribunal explaining why and how your wife should qualify for the benefit.

If they can do this, I would take them up on the offer.
    Attendance at the tribunal by the rep is of less importance than preparation for the hearing, and help with the submission.

https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal?gclid=CjwKCAiAqaTjBRAdEiwAOdx9xtIjlkzVzHyx_wqav4TXtC7qpwWeqiHOdfAyDtAdZ5Uw4CZ4VIwW2BoCxfUQAvD_BwE

The rep can't explain to the tribunal how your wife copes with dressing / undressing, getting off and on the toilet, etc - how long it takes, how frequently she needs help and all the other detailed accounts of her day-to-day life around the relevant PIP descriptors. Only your wife can explain that to the panel - her verbal evidence will be important to the panel.
    Please read carefully through the link and the pages on what to do at the tribunal hearing.

You could see if your area has other advice centres, or a local advocacy charity.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure