ebay listings - Are youtube product videos allowed

Options
Hi
I know this probably quite simple, though wanted to check before, as a private seller can you place links to you tube videos in your listings to promote items, IE a company promo video etc?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 February 2019 at 11:30PM
    Options
    external links are not allowed with certain exceptions..

Links to legal information required for the product and product videos are 2 of them.

If you video just demonstrates the item, no mentiom of company names amd no hint of selling you maybe OK. But with ebay you never know.

Any hint that your promoting your company or hint you sell elsewhere and you could say goodbye to ebay.

PS.. even if your video is allowed it wont stop people reporting it and then its pot luck on whether you get a slap or suspension for it.
    They have a habit of ignoring serious issues and hitting minor ones hard (or even incorrectly restricting you when you did nothing wrong)

Be careful, if in doubt dont bother. Is a video essential to selling the item on ebay?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Regardless of the rules I just cannot abide auctions with videos and tend to click straight back out.

I haven't seen one for ages now so eBay are certainly stamping them out, just like they stopped those dreadful ones that played music!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a Disney interactive Minnie Mouse for sale and I had a buyer ask me a detailed question about how she moved (!). it was easier to record a video showing her whole movement sequence, upload to you tube, then add the url within the description. So that's what i did.Didn't help though she didn't buy it lol
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport