Online banks - Starling, Revolt etc.

Options
Hi guys,

I'm starting to clock up a few accounts now with Curve, Revolt and Starling etc. Do these type of accounts have any effect of your credit rating?

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    They'll appear on your credit files, as the kind of account they are.

Lenders will see the account types when they search.
  • Terry_Towelling
    Options
    I quite like the idea of a bank called Revolt.
  • guesswho2000
    Options
    slipd wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm starting to clock up a few accounts now with Curve, Revolt and Starling etc. Do these type of accounts have any effect of your credit rating?

Thanks.

Curve isn't an account as such, it's a method of linking to your existing accounts, so doesn't appear on your credit report, or have any impact either way.

Revolut does function as a current account, although was originally a prepaid card facility. It doesn't appear on my credit files, but they do offer a credit facility, which may appear if you apply for/use it (I don't).

Starling I have no idea.

As always with anything which appears on your file, if anything appears on your credit file/report from these products, it'd only affect your so-called rating in line with how the relevant product is utilised - if you use them responsibly, don't exceed limits, miss payments, etc., then it's only positive (generally), if you miss payments, exceed limits, etc., then it'd be seen as a negative.
  • Starling will show. Mine does.
    Revolut and Curve do not.

Nothing can affect your “rating” since it’s not a thing
  • jbryce
    jbryce Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Revolut is a prepaid card and doesn't show up on your credit report.

Experian and Noddle don't think that me having loads of these accounts affects my score. Actual lenders may have different opinions, but I don't think it will.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jbryce wrote: »
    Revolut is a prepaid card and doesn't show up on your credit report.

Experian and Noddle don't think that me having loads of these accounts affects my [STRIKE]score[/STRIKE]report. Actual lenders may have different opinions, but I don't think it will.

Fixed that for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport