I feel like I have no option but to lie about my work experience. Please help!

Options
12346»

Comments

• ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Appreciate the advice but I actually have a job now! Full time temp position in a warehouse loading and unloading lorries. 12 weeks to start and if I do well they might keep me on for another 12 weeks :T

It's surprising how long these agencies roles can last - it's not unknown to be offered the job on a permanent basis as time goes on.
  • bugslett
    Options
    ThemeOne wrote: »
    It's surprising how long these agencies roles can last - it's not unknown to be offered the job on a permanent basis as time goes on.

Agree. I think it's often a bit of a trial scenario. Just turn up on time, look clean, be polite and get on with your work and you'll find your contract extended for as long as you need.

Bugslett aka albion;)
    Yes I'm bugslet, I lost my original log in details and old e-mail address.
  • sazaccount
    Options
    Congratulations!

Just a note even if you HATE the job, I recommend at least stick with it for the 12 weeks and just decline any offer to extend so then you can put on new applications that it was "end of (temporary/agency) contract" for reason you left.
    Thanks to money saving tips and debt repayments/becoming debt free I have been able to work and travel for the last 4 years visiting 12 countries and working within 3 of them. Currently living and working in Canada :beer: :dance:
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,751 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ThemeOne wrote: »

That's true. At my current place I started on a 3 week temporary contract. 12 years later I'm still there, admittedly in a different department and a better role.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure