Tesco pay + prepaid

Options
Looks like Tesco have a scheme where you can prepay onto a Clubcard for spending ( old Tesco plus ? )

They calling it Tesco prepay +. But appears it’s either not available yet or I’m in a very long waiting list..

Anybody got on it yet

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I work for Tesco and I've not even heard of this; where did you first hear of this scheme?

Thanks.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Tesco used to have a scheme called Clubcard plus which was a prepaid account that you used in store.

This seemed to have resurfaced as Tesco prepay +

In the Tesco pay+ app in you scroll right it it gives info about it
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 January 2018 at 1:18PM
    Options
    I have an app Tesco Pay+, I think it debits from my Tesco Bank card. I don't remember too well, maybe it was offered to me somehow, around September, supposed to give extra points when used. I tried it once and the checkout girl knew what to do, scanning it from a distance to better capture the generated Qcode. There was something wrong and it gave me no points, I emailed to enquire and they quickly credited them to me, but I haven't bothered with it since.

Edit: now I realise, what I describe is already well known and you are referring to a new prepaid version...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I can see the new prepay facility advertised but I can't see why anyone would want to use it... Am I missing something? There don't appear to be any benefits / bonuses etc.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    dj1471 wrote: »
    I can see the new prepay facility advertised but I can't see why anyone would want to use it... Am I missing something? There don't appear to be any benefits / bonuses etc.

Just wondering that....with the Tesco pay + there was a small extra benefit of Clubcard points.

However from a budgeting point of view if me and wife can set up a standing order each for a set amount then that’s good for us.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    any info on the launch of this
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    any info on the launch of this

Nope. Looks like it's just a waiting list in the Pay+ app.

Unless they offer a discount or bonus clubcard points it will be pointless, much like Tesco Pay+.

I'm only using the Tesco Pay+ because of the bonus points - it's horrible to use and simply tapping with my Tesco Debit Card is quicker and easier. Once the promo ends, back to easier transactions :)
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    I have now signed up for this and it appears so far that there is no extra Clubcard points for doing so
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have now signed up for this and it appears so far that there is no extra Clubcard points for doing so

Tesco is losing interest in Clubcard.

One of the main drivers behind the introduction of Clubcard was the massive collection of data about customers:
    The first response from the board came from Tesco's then chairman Lord MacLaurin, who said, "What scares me about this is that you know more about my customers after three months than I know after 30 years.

Time marches on. People shop around more now. Many of us shop online and Tesco can now obtain data from our online shopping habits for free.

I've used the Tesco Pay+ (and it's forerunner) app to get a few free points. I can't think of any reason I would want to pre-load the app with money, rather than pay with my credit card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure