Need help re Income Support

Options
A freind of mine has payments taken directly from her income support- think thye are for water arrears

She received a letter this morning saying that the payments to the company have been stopped from 13th June as she is no longer receiving income support.
Now this is the first she has heard of this- her circumstances have not changed- and now she is worried that the money wont be paid into her account on Mon- and she has DDs coming out

Any ideas what is going on? Or the chances of not receiving her money on Monday?

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sometimes those who are paid from the money get to find out first unfortunately. I have heard of this happening before. There wouldn't be any way of finding out until Monday if her payment will go in. I would suggest a call to the office which deals with her claim first thing on Monday and ask them if a payment has been made.

Was the letter from DWP or the company she pays to ?
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • alwaysskint96
    Options
    It was from the DWP
  • clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    Options
    She's not claiming as a single parent and her child is turning 16 is it? If so it stops then and she would need to either have a different reason for claiming income support or claim jobseekers instead
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure