cheap glossy paper-£1.99 for 100sheets!

Options

Comments

• jumpingjackd
    Options
    Hi

I also bought this paper and very pleased with it and quick delivery.

However, went into Poundland. They are selling packs of 40 sheets 6"x4", high gloss 220gsm heavyweight paper for inkjet printers.

Havent tried it yet but it looks quite good.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not trying to knock anyone or the product, but I did pick up on the fact that "mumstheword" commented that the top sheet was glossy and the remaineder were matt.

If I bought something that I could see and then discovered that those which couldn't be seen were of different quality etc. I would be of the opinion that I had been mislead whether the item cost £1 or £100.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is advertised as matt and that is what you order and therefore matt is what you get
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Mumstheword
    Options
    I'm not trying to knock anyone or the product, but I did pick up on the fact that "mumstheword" commented that the top sheet was glossy and the remaineder were matt.

If I bought something that I could see and then discovered that those which couldn't be seen were of different quality etc. I would be of the opinion that I had been mislead whether the item cost £1 or £100.
    I hadnt seen it before purchase, and ordered matt paper, so was very surprised to see the glossy sheet on the top. and disappointed actually, coz i always used to order matt photos. but it was obviously a mistake sheet in the pack :)
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
  • peechy
    peechy Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    hi!!
    The glossy page on the top is a safety/protecting sheet.
    I made a slight mistake and put it in the printer :-[ ;D before looking at the rest. It kept getting stuck and I realised it was not the paper!!

(edited for spelling :o)
    look after the pennies.....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OK, I'm quite prepared not to be so "picky" about comments. The thing is, everyone seems satisfied with their purchase and it appears to be quite a bargain.

Have a good day.
  • WelshLamb
    Options
    I want to buy some "card" to make some Christmas Cards with my daughter.

Those of you who have bought the product, is the paper strong enough to stand up as a greeting card or wouldnt you recommend it?

Thanks

;)
    ;)
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Options
    i would think so
    :D
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Options
    hi!!
    The glossy page on the top is a safety/protecting sheet.
    I made a slight mistake and put it in the printer :-[ ;D before looking at the rest. It kept getting stuck and I realised it was not the paper!!

(edited for spelling :o)

ooops i thought they were all the same til i read the aboves post the top one is like card the rest aint
    :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
  • madmoo_4
    Options
    Only just found this thead, so back tracking a bit but wanted to reply to jumpingjackd (think that's the right spelling) comment about Poundland photo paper.

Obviously it depends a bit from printer to printer, but on our Epson, it's producing fantastic prints! Much better than on the Kodak paper we have :)

Bought some one night, went back the next for another 3 packets. Unfortunately they appear to have sold out now as a friend wanted some, but will definitely keep an eye out everytime I'm in there (which is quite often)! ;D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure