Chromium Edge Version 79.0.309.68 (Official build) (64-bit)

Options
I have upgraded to the new Microsoft Edge browser. Each time I access a new forum in Money Saving Expert, I get the following message: "Checking your browser before accessing meneysavingexpert.com". Can I circumvent this message with its consequential delay?
I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".

Comments

• RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 January 2020 at 4:06PM
    Options
    I've been using it for months and never seen that message.....
    Are you using the default settings for tracking or have you set it to strict?
    Did you alter any other settings?
    I use the Beta Version, for some reason people are seeing a few bugs in the final release.
    The site doesn't like some setting. It's just checking that you are legitimate to protect against DDOS attacks...........It may not be the browsers fault.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • dogmaryxx
    dogmaryxx Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have upgraded to the new Microsoft Edge browser. Each time I access a new forum in Money Saving Expert, I get the following message: "Checking your browser before accessing meneysavingexpert.com". Can I circumvent this message with its consequential delay?

Are you using a VPN ?
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    dogmaryxx wrote: »
    Are you using a VPN ?

Yes, that's the issue. It didn't happen with other browsers but VPN is the issue. Many thanks.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure