Family fund?

Options
Hi I want if anybody can help us. Family and friends are telling us to apply for the family fund we are not sure what this is and how would this work in our circumstances. Our son has autism. My income is roughly 24000 and my partners income is round about 5000. we also receive carers allowance, tax credits, and child benefit. We also receive higher rate DLA and Lower rate mobility for our son and have roughly 75000
equity in our house to thanks

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 September 2018 at 10:51AM
    Options
    All the information here including eligibility criteria

https://www.familyfund.org.uk

You normally need to be on a qualifying benefit but they do give grants to others dependent on income. They say, if in any doubt, apply and see what happens
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi I want if anybody can help us. Family and friends are telling us to apply for the family fund we are not sure what this is and how would this work in our circumstances. Our son has autism. My income is roughly 24000 and my partners income is round about 5000. we also receive carers allowance, tax credits, and child benefit. We also receive higher rate DLA and Lower rate mobility for our son and have roughly 75000
    equity in our house to thanks

Apply, we did, I work full time and didn't think we would get anything, they paid for a summer house for our autistic daughter as she loves to craft.

A chap came round to meet us all and filled in some forms and we got the award a week later.

Limited to there providers but that was no biggy.

Depends what you are after and how much it will improve the situation. Give it a go you may be pleasantly surprised like we where.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure