PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• cutiepieabf
    cutiepieabf Posts: 344 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Keeping you on your toes Rosieben, thought you might prefer the proper recipe, so please can you link to the post above instead? Thank you!! You are an :A
    DFBX2016 #160 - £3550/£8800

DFBX2017 #160 - £0/£11,378

£0/7807 CapOne (0% PAID) £0/2776 Tesco (0% PAID)
    £820/820 HSBC OD (100% PAID) £0/£795 HSBC M/C (0% PAID)
  • Hippeechiq
    Hippeechiq Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    £25 ish spent yesterday
    New Balance £83.22
    Day 8 for NSDs
    Aug11 £193.29/£240

Oct10 £266.72 /£275 Nov10 £276.71/£275 Dec10 £311.33 / £275 Jan11 £242.25/ £250 Feb11 £243.14/ £250 Mar11 £221.99/ £230
    Apr11 £237.39 /£240 May11 £237.71/£240 Jun11 £244.03/ £240 July11 £244.89/ £240
    Xmas 2011 Fund £220
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Meant to say I also made some bread strips today with caraway seeds and cheese. Only my eldest and I like them so I will try a different flavour next time.

I also made some dough balls rolled in vanilla sugar which went down a treat with everyone.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so weak!

Went to tesc@ today with my children. A) shouldn't have gone at all, and B) shouldn't have taken the children! It was to get them some clothes, as ds has started crying with pain every time he takes a jumper off now! So, needed jumper(s) for him and tops for dd as she's outgrown everything now, although it's been 2 yrs since i needed to buy her any. Not a child protection issue, honest, I just buy big, so they get lots of wear, plus my children seem to be slow growers!

Anyhoo, got the clothes ok, not included in gc. Then, of course, we went for a wander round the rest of the shop. Given that I have started a mr a order, I bought a few things from there, so I can cross them off the online order now. But, I did buy other stuff too. I ended up spending £11.07, which I know isn't a total disaster, but I'm really disappointed with myself. Grrrrrrr...

On the plus side, I have been busy going through my cookery books, ready to photocopy the pages I want to keep, then get rid of the books. I currently have around 200 cookery books, which I feel is somewhat excessive, especially as I cook the same old sh*t all the time! I probably should mention at this point that I reckon I'm ocd plus a major hoarder, and I once decided that I'd like to cook and bake more, so I then bought shedloads of books. At least I'm recognising this now, and trying to fix it. My eventual aim is to have 25-30 books on a shelf (ones where I like the vast majority of the recipes), and then a big ring binder with recipes in it, in order. Then, every month, I'll look through it - of course, most of the recipes from here will be in it too!!, and choose some new things to make. Got loads of ideas so far, can't wait to start. Quite looking forward to clearing my bedroom floor of books too, wonder what colour the carpet is?!!

Sorry for the rant, needed to get stuff out.

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    Minnie - what is it that you don't understand- I will try & help you if I can. Have you read the "Teco Best Offer Ever" thread (or something like that!) on the Grocery forum?

ive been doing the asda one - just wondering how tescos worked.i initially thought you had to type in asda stuff at tesco site - but is it just the same as asda? put in tesco details and see if you get anything back?

someone was also talking about different trolleys etc as tescos is different to asda.im just confused! sorry!!!
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pepsi-kins, I've added your Chorizo, Haddock and New Potato one pot recipe to the index :)
    Keeping you on your toes Rosieben, thought you might prefer the proper recipe, so please can you link to the post above instead? Thank you!! You are an :A

no probs, I've marked it for SC or Hob ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Meant to say I also made some bread strips today with caraway seeds and cheese. Only my eldest and I like them so I will try a different flavour next time.

I also made some dough balls rolled in vanilla sugar which went down a treat with everyone.

did you see thriftlady's Adventures with Bread Dough thread? ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Aldahbra
    Aldahbra Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Mr T order came through at £103 but then it was the first order for March. My food budget goes from the 9th to 9th. The first one is always more because I get cleaning stuff and laundry. Usually I spend between £120-150 on this shop so £103 is not bad for me.

Yesterday I spent £8 at the local greengrocers.
    Weight loss challenge:j: week 1 :(
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    Grocery Challenge June: £100/£500
    left to spend £400
    Declutter June: 0/100
    NSD 6 June/6 July: 0/2
  • karmachilovething
    Options
    Haven't updated for a while - mostly because I went a whole week without buying any groceries :j current personal best.

Small spend at Mr S yesterday, milk, 2 x butter (for £2) and some jam - £5.15 to add to my total
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rosieben wrote: »
    did you see thriftlady's Adventures with Bread Dough thread? ;)

How did you guess?? :D

It is a brilliant thread as I can make it with HM GF bread and normal dough done in the BM side by side and everyone can enjoy it.

Definatly want to try the whirls and the plait.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills