Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a nightmare :eek:

Glad it was sorted quickly and cheaply though.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think you are right I need to make more time for me. I’m sick of being the boring sensible one who puts everyone else first and spends more time being worried than chilled/happy. I’ve been feeling very flat/numb and it’s scared me a bit as I’m usually so emotional.

So this morning didn’t go to plan. Woke to find water pouring through the ceiling from the loft. The ball float had eroded and broken off in the tank, so the tank was working overtime thinking it was empty :eek:. Best Mate came to the rescue and it actually only cost £2.50 to fix which I’m chuffed about as it could have been MUCH worse. Lots of clearing up to do though :(.

What a shock to wake up to :eek:. Glad it's sorted now.

Definitely make more time for yourself. You can look after others better if you look after yourself. You sound like you need a break from DH. Can MIL take over for a day and you have a day purely for yourself?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I know it's hard when you've got the boys, but could Mr Lucky's BF take him for the day and someone else take the boys. Then you could have some time to yourself which you so obviously need xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Feeling a wee bit more myself today. Sorry about my previous misery!! Will try to organise DH being with Best Mate for the day while the boys are at school, and then I can have some time to myself.

Today was the dreaded DWP Assessment. We arrived at 10 for a 10.15am appointment, to be told there was a 20-30 minute delay. We were called in just after 11, and at that point they were telling those arriving that the delay was at least an hour and a half :eek:. The Dr that took our appointment was actually really nice. Fingers crossed the benefits will just be renewed and continue, but we won’t find out for a few weeks. We didn’t actually get out of the place until nearly 12.

Some welcome items in the post today. £15 Tesco gift card that I won last week has arrived, along with a £2 cheque and £2 vouchers from the makers of WW wraps by way of an apology. I fired off a quick email of complaint to them last week after the pack I bought only had 5 wraps in not 6. Worth complaining :cool:. When I won the gift card I imagined buying a Christmas present with it, but in reality we are so skint and desperate for diesel so I’ll probably use it for that. I had to lift £50 back out of the Christmas pot to help pay the mortgage :(.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    What a faff with the DWP appointment. Mr SA was called for one last year, although when the doctor saw the state of him he apologised for him having to be assessed. He's so obviously not right there's no hiding it. It's a shame when the genuine cases have to go through this because of the malingerers (and you could spot them straight away in the waiting room).

Well done on the gift card, cheque and vouchers. I once emailed Garnier telling them how much I loved their lemon body lotion and they sent me a voucher for a free bottle. They were probably shocked to get praise rather than complaints :) Unfortunately I can no longer find this particular body lotion so I must've been the only one who bought it.

Sorry to read you had to raid Christmas funds :( I'm sure you'll recoup though you are so resourceful.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Boo to the christmas raid.
    Good news on the gift card but boo to the deisel.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »

Well done on the gift card, cheque and vouchers. I once emailed Garnier telling them how much I loved their lemon body lotion and they sent me a voucher for a free bottle. They were probably shocked to get praise rather than complaints :) Unfortunately I can no longer find this particular body lotion so I must've been the only one who bought it.

L'occitane citrus verbena is lovely and lemonly, expensive though .... maybe ask for Christmas
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope all goes well with DWP.

Hooray you were able to make the mortgage payment even if you jphad to raid a pot, you will make things work x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks all.

Paying for the diesel didn’t go to plan. Filled the car with exactly £15, and went in to pay, only to be told that you can’t Pay for Tesco fuel in a Tesco filling station with a Tesco gift card :mad:. Literally had no other money, so had to put it on emergency credit card :mad:. Have emailed them to complain but they haven’t replied yet.

Lost 5.5lbs at fat class today :T.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks all.

Paying for the diesel didn’t go to plan. Filled the car with exactly £15, and went in to pay, only to be told that you can’t Pay for Tesco fuel in a Tesco filling station with a Tesco gift card :mad:. Literally had no other money, so had to put it on emergency credit card :mad:. Have emailed them to complain but they haven’t replied yet.

Lost 5.5lbs at fat class today :T.

What the bleep is all that about:mad:

Great loss :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback