Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    what is Kantar and why have I missed it?

And do I have to look on the referral board to find the answer :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Freewheeling
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    what is Kantar and why have I missed it?

And do I have to look on the referral board to find the answer :D

It's a posting tracker exercise. Or, at least the stuff I do is. Basically you spend your time posting little tracking chips to people, and receiving them in the post. It's not too time consuming and you get paid in stamps.

Or, everyone else might be talking about something different! I don't get any 1am emails. :o
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So we went to Costa for free coffees - on the plus side they have finally fixed their till so the receipts print nicely but the staff are still so rude.
    The girl said to me no we don't put points on your card if its a free one and I said you always have done and then another staff told her to scan the points card :(

The new problem with this costa is that it is in a very old building and it has damp under one of the windows. Today because it was warm and muggy inside the damp smell was even worse and you could smell it everywhere - urgh :(

Then we took the 2 bags of rucksacs and jackets and 2 dragons to the charity shop.
    OH said "look they have sold all of the magazines I brought in" :j
    He is convinced and no reasoning will tell him otherwise.
    More than likely they are still in store upstairs somewhere and wont come down until there is a space which is going to be sometime never - they wont want 3 huge bag fulls of decades old magazines stacked in a corner somewhere making the shop look trashy..
    And even if they did put them on display they wont have had a massive rush to buy tatty old magazines in the last week.
    Or they are in a skip already.

We are gift aided so I get emails when something sells and that is not likely to happen anytime soon.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Good afternoon shipmates :wave:

I'm so excited - I posted a pic a couple of months ago of a beautiful dragonfly laying her eggs in my pond.
    Well, they have hatched and I can see lots of dragonfly nymphs living amongst the pond plants :j

Every time I try to de-clutter, I start with my sock drawer, but never get any further :o
    My wardrobe is a mess - including a leather jacket I bought in Turkey :cool: and haven't worn for 25+ years :o

But I have a really neat sock drawer :)

We want to downsize so I'm finding it really easy to declutter.
    You should do your wardrobe you'll be amazed at what you find.

How lovely baby Dragon flies.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon shipmates :wave:

I'm so excited - I posted a pic a couple of months ago of a beautiful dragonfly laying her eggs in my pond.
    Well, they have hatched and I can see lots of dragonfly nymphs living amongst the pond plants :j

Every time I try to de-clutter, I start with my sock drawer, but never get any further :o
    My wardrobe is a mess - including a leather jacket I bought in Turkey :cool: and haven't worn for 25+ years :o

But I have a really neat sock drawer :)

Well we ll let you off then
  • nova_dee
    Options
    Hello,

A very good day to all... I am one of your lurkers but I haven't been for quite some time except for the time when fairfx was mentioned. I managed to buy the voucher from groupon but I wasn't able to go to fairfx as soon as I should because it asked for identification and I don't have internet access for the last week so it is only now that was I able to go back to their website. The £5 amount you can buy is now upped to £50. I don't mind spending the £20 to get a £50 everywhere card but my worries is can I use the everywhere card everywhere or where can I use the card? Is it an ordinary card like a credit card? Any advise will be very much appreciated - before I purchase :) Thanks in advance
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Well my gusto box has arrived and I'm very impressed.

Well at £3+ I'm impressed if I'd paid £30 I wouldn't be as chuffed.
    So tonight were having chicken chow Mein I've added a chicken fillet and some more mange tout but I doubt there will be any left for tomorrow's lunch.
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    So we went to Costa for free coffees - on the plus side they have finally fixed their till so the receipts print nicely but the staff are still so rude.
    The girl said to me no we don't put points on your card if its a free one and I said you always have done and then another staff told her to scan the points card :(

When they try that with me i just ask for a receipt and then immediately pass the receipt back that says "you could have earned x points" and get them to add them on :rotfl:
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure