Bankruptcy Restriction - But it was my ex that went bankrupt?

Options
2»

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    rjwr wrote: »
    really? 1.5% sounds like a huge penalty i'm paying as an ex-bankrupt......

Depends on how long ago the discharge was and also the loan to value on the mortgage. An ex bankrupt needing a 95% mortgage will be offered a much higher rate than one who only needs say 80% LTV.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Gemsy81
    Gemsy81 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you divorced? Or were you not married (apologies if I have missed that), only all of this should have been dealt with as a financial settlement as part of a divorce.

Regardless, it sounds to me like you should take whatever course of action gets the house sold and all financial ties with your ex cut as quickly as possible. Very clearly it is affecting you financially and emotionally, as for 9 years down the line you don't sound like you are 'over it' in the slightest. I really hope you can resolve this quickly and move on with your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure