Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Options

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was looking at a fab house the other day on r!ghtm0ve with a fab garden for chickens. It made me want to move so much.

You are so lucky x
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Aunty wik has a LPG cheery I shall do some research for you. I think she got a few good offers of deals when they moved in. Will keep you posted - your leftovers sound yum btw and I MUST get chooks sorted again. I feel so guilty leaving them alone all day.......its one reason why I've not done it again so far but I love them.

Took elder hound (druged-space-cadet-dug) out for a meargre stroll - I'm going to phone vets re anti-blood pressure meds and pain killers and see if he really needs to be **SO** medicated, I don't want him in pain, but my lord he's out of it. If that's good, then grand, if not lets reduce things a wee bitty. Younger mutt is NOT a fan of these short bursts - must make the effort to sort him a long one soon.

I'm not feeling 100% tbh not like DH but I'm tired, so taking it easier than normal.

Have a plan b re mithers treament if required lets hope I'm just post traumatically exhausted cos of skiing and guest arriving just when we did.

Pumpkin is a roasted.

Got bottled gas when out £30
    £9.54 spent at Coop himself requested some bits of food we didn't have, and cornflakes as he's ill, I had no beef with that, I'd rather he ate - I had a 10/£1 off voucher so bulked the spends up by doubling up on cornflakes and store things = £12 spend with co-op points off and a £1 voucher - got milk for work too so will claim back £1 for that - so hopefully an £8.54 spend milk/cupboard stuff, all good although I'd not expected to spend today.

Soup is ready to construct and I did two loads washing with kitchen stove on that should be dry later.

I'll sort meals for tomorrow, later.

Big win today was putting water and some oatcakes in the car which meant, I didn't buy a drink when out and had an unexpected walk powered by an oatcake or two from the stores.

Beans and leftover roasties for lunch - half tin stashed in fridge. I love baked beans - anyone ever made their own? Cannae be that hard surely.

Right DD gave me HFW books at chrimbo - off for a read for some inspiration.

:D

I really liked the Revolut card when we were away and found it super easy to use and monitor spends. So I thought last night - I have it for free and its instantaenous updating spends so I'm going to use it for the household spends. I've loaded £180 onto it - thinking 200 of the 300 budget minus £20 blown on cold/chest drugs yesterday. I'll keep 100 in bank for cleaner etc. We shouldn't have any charges using it and its easy to put the money back. I think for me maybe going food shopping (my real vice) with a preloaded card in my pocket with my total food budget in it, will make me think twice......here's hoping. Used this card for the gas too as that's also household.

I hadn't expected it to be so useful so we'll see.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    I was looking at a fab house the other day on r!ghtm0ve with a fab garden for chickens. It made me want to move so much.

You are so lucky x

One day me dear, if you want it, it will happen, although you and I both know chooks need more love than too much acres x

Hope you've not all blown away doon there.... stay safe. :A
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Evening all

Chips for tea with lashings of bread and butter. :D himself managed to eat a plateful with leftover pulled pork and gravy - progress dear hearts.

Pumpkin soup is ready to whizz and the washing is almost dry. Work clothes are prepped and I'm half way through making me 'snap' as dear greying would say. DH is going nowhere - so means I have a bit of an easier morning as I've no mutts to pack up for taking to the garden.

I've been reading up UFM and its making me ponder greatly - what do I want out of life - health and happy is up there. Right now that's a big focus. Otherwise, I just don't know, we live where we love. I'd like to travel more, otherwise I'm kinda sorted and I know I'm lucky. I'm still pondering.

Another ponder in this wee patch is I have a set of shares (had no clue I had them took a wee insurance/pension payment out when i was 21) which matured last year. I've not sold them and they would clear the OD and perhaps some of the CC. I'm having a look at this - whilst its unexpectedly nice to have a wee windfall - why have savings/shares if you've got debt you're paying for? See Martin is still in there. :D

Off to read more UFM.

One things struck me today (see you don't leave me home alone for long) - if I took the wee car when I go with mither to the hospital it eats so much less petrol than DH's larger car.

off for a read.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I would sell them & put it to the OD.
    No point in them sitting there doing nowt.
    Just my opinion.

I am thinking of selling my old engagement ring.Pondering.

LOts of positive vibes for your wee maw.
    MOre positive vibes for your wee doggie friend.
    Take care of you too.
    Hope you can get the bonus malarky sorted oot too. xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly I'd like to say that I think I would sell the shares too. It would make your short term circumstances much easier for you.

Secondly yay to TRG eating today :j

And lastly this....
    I've been reading up UFM and its making me ponder greatly - what do I want out of life - health and happy is up there. Right now that's a big focus. Otherwise, I just don't know, we live where we love. I'd like to travel more, otherwise I'm kinda sorted and I know I'm lucky. I'm still pondering..

This is lovely to read. The fact that you are struggling to think how you can improve on your life is a good struggle to have. You sound contented here :kisses3:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Since we are voting...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I too would sell and pay off the debts (OD):D

xxx
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • troglodyte
    Options
    OK call me slow but - what's UFM? I seem to have missed something somewhere.

And yes, I agree, right now there's no point worrying about debt if you can pay it off. Maybe the news came just now for a reason. I would sell the shares unless you think they are likely to rocket in value in the near future. Pay off the debt and then, whatever you would have paid in interest payments on that debt (did you say £20 a month?) you can feed that into some sort of investment instead.
  • urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    troglodyte wrote: »
    OK call me slow but - what's UFM? I seem to have missed something somewhere.

And yes, I agree, right now there's no point worrying about debt if you can pay it off. Maybe the news came just now for a reason. I would sell the shares unless you think they are likely to rocket in value in the near future. Pay off the debt and then, whatever you would have paid in interest payments on that debt (did you say £20 a month?) you can feed that into some sort of investment instead.

I thought it was just me as I've been out of the loop for a while !! Please do let me know - I hate feeling like I've missed out.

Re the shares - what kind of dividends have they given in the past? i.e. could they reasonably provide a little income?
    Also, are you due dividends for over the years that you had the shares - what happened to these since you were 21?
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    UFM is uber frugal month - a challenge being run on the Frugalwoods blog (just google Frugalwoods and it will come up). Pippi, Greying and I are all taking it, and probably others on here too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure