Arnold Clark AutoCare

Options
Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me with this query please

I took out an Arnold Clark warranty called AutoCare when I brought my car with them and now have a problem with my car gearbox.

The mechanic seems to think it's a problem with the selector tower or could be a gearbox failure, still has to do a more thorough diagnostic but did say the gears don't sound good. Does sound costly but hopefully covered under warranty. Wondering if anyone on here could give me advice please on if they think I should be covered?

Under warranty it covers Transmission Casing, Shafts, Bearings and Bushes, Synchromesh Hubs and SELECTORS, Extension Shaft, Gear Linkage and Gear Lever. Tried googling this but I'm hopeless with cars and unsure if its covered or not???

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can't you call them and ask?

Would be nice if it were covered.....
  • alanuk2006
    Options
    The mechanic wasn't sure when I asked but id rather know myself then rely on Arnold Clark telling me if its covered or not then try to charge for a repair that's "not covered under warranty"
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,239 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Since it is an Arnold Clark product they are the people to tell you if it will be covered.

You could ask through customer.services@arnoldclark.com but they may need to know the exact fault to advise you.
  • sheslookinhot
    sheslookinhot Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it's a faulty gearbox then you should be quite firm, if need be, that you expect the fault to be fixed.
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family