Should I ask for Compensation for having to pay for (Holiday) Breakfast when I shouldnt have?

Options
2»

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Yes we are greedy - we were inconvenienced. Recieving a refund would be standard. we were misold that aspect of the the holiday so would expect nothing less. But yes i understand i may be being cheeku and greedy. if u dont ask get...��

how were you inconvenienced?

compo....unbelievable
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Yes we are greedy - we were inconvenienced. Recieving a refund would be standard. we were misold that aspect of the the holiday so would expect nothing less. But yes i understand i may be being cheeku and greedy. if u dont ask get...��

How would you calculate the amount of money to claim? For instance, how much in fees did it cost you to obtain the additional US$40 per day: does this add up to a sum worth mentioning? Did you run out of cash as a result of the unbudgeted breakfast expenditure and so miss out on some element of your holiday? And once you had returned and needed to inform the agent of their mistake: did you waste significant amounts of time communicating with them, providing documentation that they required, or simply being kept 'on hold' on the telephone?

If all of this adds up to a sum worth claiming then go for it, but otherwise let it be.
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    4 nights in Vegas Cosmo and flights for £550 was cheap anyway, even without the breakfast included
  • moneysavvy35
    moneysavvy35 Posts: 421 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How would you calculate the amount of money to claim? For instance, how much in fees did it cost you to obtain the additional US$40 per day: does this add up to a sum worth mentioning? Did you run out of cash as a result of the unbudgeted breakfast expenditure and so miss out on some element of your holiday? And once you had returned and needed to inform the agent of their mistake: did you waste significant amounts of time communicating with them, providing documentation that they required, or simply being kept 'on hold' on the telephone?

If all of this adds up to a sum worth claiming then go for it, but otherwise let it be.

It would have been difficult to put a price on...we didnt run out of cash per se, but it was an extra expense we all had to pay out for! Additionally the clubs in the Hotel also had the same policy - only 2 per room admittance and the 7th had to pay. We decided not to go to any of these as they were very pricey and that would have been harder to claim back.

That being said, I took the refund and left it there. However an acknowledgement that they got things wrongs would have gone down better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure