Financial dispute with ex.

Options
2»

Comments

• hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    But you are accepting liability by paying. You are both in exactly the same boat only you are choosing to pay, he is not. It's not like it's in your name and he said he'd pay half then you split up and he's gone back on his word. This is his debt too.

It was obviously a case of who'd blink first, and sadly that's you. I really can't imagine he'll wan't to trash his credit rating any more than you. So you could say you're not paying it and mean it. The second you cave in, which you have right now, you won't see a penny. Skip a couple perhaps, make him believe you're not paying any, and hope he is adult enough to come to an agreement of paying half.

Sadly it's the risk you take.

Payment plan may be better go the long run. Up to you. It would eat away at me if I didn't try to get him to pay.

Oh, and by the way, I don't believe age has anything to do with having morals or taking responsibility. Few of the most immature, emotionally unstable, irresponsible blokes I went out with were over ten years older. Age is just a number.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport