MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Would you give a stranger £3?

Options

Comments

• nettles
    nettles Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    no
    I think you can get a ticket from the ticket office , if you give them your details. Then you pay them the next day. I am sure it used to work like that anyway.
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Definitely not
  • GonzoAston
    GonzoAston Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    Options
    No. Its a shame, but too many people just out to con you these days (I feel so old saying that)

I was once asked if I had £2 so they could use the phone.
    I know my spelling is shocking :eek: It is alot better than it used to be though :rotfl:
  • austinmeeson
    Options
    I would buy the ticket for her,myself if I thought she wa genuine.
  • koppite79
    koppite79 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    if she looked genuine i would prob give her the money or at least get her the ticket.

too mant cynics in the world, this situ says more about you than it does the other person and i choose to think tat not everyone is as bad as the daily mail would have us all believe. better to give and be conned than not give and be a tw!t.
  • gettingbetter
    gettingbetter Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi

if she was well dressed
    i would be more inclined to believe
    her than someone scruffy
    but as i am skint i would
    probs say NO sorry

kas xx
    br no 188 ;) AD 17th apr 09:D
    :Dmortgage free 22/5/09:D
    :Ddebt free 11/8/09:D
    :j#18 £2 saver = £ :T sealed pot #333
    silent member of mikes mob
    i will lose weight :rolleyes: i will sort my house :o
  • GonzoAston
    GonzoAston Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    Options
    koppite79 wrote: »
    if she looked genuine i would prob give her the money or at least get her the ticket.

too mant cynics in the world, this situ says more about you than it does the other person and i choose to think tat not everyone is as bad as the daily mail would have us all believe. better to give and be conned than not give and be a tw!t.

The reason that there are so many cynics in the world, is that they've probably been had over once or twice and now dont bother. I dont blame them personally.

When I worked in Central London, there was always people harrassing you for money wherever you go. On the tube, on the streets etc. You cant give to all of them, and sometimes you'd see them changing up a load of money in the shop.

End of the day, I give to two registered charities, and thats the lot im giving to. I have my own bills to pay, and moneys tight enough anyway.
    I know my spelling is shocking :eek: It is alot better than it used to be though :rotfl:
  • aliboo64
    Options
    boopydoo wrote: »
    I would tell her I had no change and go to the desk with her- if she needs the money that badly she won't object. There are cons about but that doesn't mean you shouldn't help someone who is in genuine need. That's one of the problems with today's society, nobody helps anybody else and we are all too cynical

I agree with boobydoo
  • ruthcoppard
    Options
    If I have money , and have just spent some money on me for a sandwich or chocolate or a paper, then Yes, I probably would. Better to buy the ticket than give the money, of course, but haven't we all been skint?. Needing to ask is a sad place to be.
  • A.Jones
    A.Jones Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    If she is that desperate for the money, she can sell me her smart jacket for £3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure