Help please with "Satisfied" status

Options
Hello,

Ive posted previously about a collection agency (Cabot) chasing a debt I did not agree with. Soon after I sent out the prove it letters the debt moved to another agency (Apex)..I again sent the letters and they stated they did not have any file information I had requested so they had referred it back to Apex, then Apex wrote to me saying they did not hold any information and had referred it back to my original lender, Barclays. I heard nothing after this however someone called CL finance continued to make defaults on my credit file every month. I have just ignored this as ive had a baby and have been preocupied. Today I received a letter from Robinson Way with an old address asking me to call them to "validate" something. So I looked at my Experian account to see if I could find out why. Now from the 20th October 2013 (4 days ago) my accounts with the CL finance defaults say "staisfied". So I now have 4 records held 2 x CL finance defaulted in 2008, satisfied 4 days ago. 1 x satisfactory, settled in 2010. 1 x default in 2008, satisfied in 2011. So my question is...what does this mean?! Have they acknowledged I dont owe the debt? have they sold it on? Is my file ok? Im confused and cant seem to find the answers anywhere. Many thanks in advance for your time.

Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Your post is confusing. How many separate entries on your credit files? What is the status of each? Please list them in a clear manner. Settled sometime just mean the debt has been sold on.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • dingle123_2
    Options
    Thank you.

I have 4 accounts listed on my report.

CL Finance - default - Satisfied. (20/10/2013)
    CL finance - default - Satisfied.(20/10/2013)
    Barclays - default - Satisfied (2011)
    Mail Order comapany - Satisfactory - Settled. (2012)

However the CL finance debt I never accepted I owed...do you think this has been sold on? that would explain my letter from Robinson Way today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure