Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oaks79
    • By Oaks79 16th May 18, 10:29 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Oaks79
    Travel insurance
    • 16th May 18, 10:29 AM
    Travel insurance 16th May 18 at 10:29 AM
    Hi everyone, I need some advice as don't know what to do

I booked a low deposit holiday to Orlando for 14 nights for 7 of us for Sept/Oct 2019 with Thomas Cook (flights,villa,park tickets, flexi book etc) back in February this year. But at the beginning of April I slipped a disc in my lower back (confirmed by MRI) now been referred to have injections by a orthopaedic after physio hasn't done anything to improve the pain and movement.

I was a Ltd company (franchise) working under a water meter reading company. I've had to give that up as it involves a lot of walking and bending, so now will not be able afford the payments. I've already paid roughly 2400 so full deposit has been met now, so if I cancel will lose 1800.

Spoke to Thomas cook they said I could change the holiday so thought Disneyland Paris for a few nights at least the kids would still experience the magic, well been told I can't as the original was booked under AirTours, was advised to look for a different destination under the AirTours banner, can't find anything that comes into the 2400 price range and really can't afford anything more seeing as I haven't had a income since the start of April.

So thought as I booked with flexi book I would take the eldest kid to Orlando and just do Universal but been informed that I would lose 1250 for the 5 I take off the booking plus 400 for the insurance I took out with them so basically 1600+ so leaving me 800.

I've spoken to the insurance company and they have said I can't claim as I haven't been made redundant and would only be able to claim if the doctor writes me a unfit to fly letter but I can't see the doctor doing that seeing as the flight isn't till next year.

The girls in my local Thomas Cook have been trying to pull some strings for me but have been met by a brick wall, head office won't budge. This is the longest I've been out of work and already finding it depressing and the thought of my hard earned money going down the drain isn't helping.

Any advice anyone please ????
    Last edited by Oaks79; 16-05-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Page 1
    • Oaks79
    • By Oaks79 16th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oaks79
    • 16th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 16th May 18, 11:17 AM
    I've asked same in holiday rights thread so this can be deleted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

753Posts Today

6,277Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin