TSB complaint with ombudsman

Options
Just reading the article about TSB complaints with the ombudsan from July to December last year. Seems like most of them have been processed and decisions made. Mine hasn't. I complained to TSB at the start of August and the ombudsman (as TSB hadn't done anything) in mid October. Its been with them over 5 months. I've rang the ombudsman service a couple of times for an update and it still hasn't even been allocated to an adjudicator. I'm told it's because it involves fraud... the fraud team suspended my account - no idea why and never had any contact with them it just magically got suspended and unsuspended a few days later (that's part of the complaint).

Is there anything I can do about this? The process just seems too long. How long do I have to wait before I can complain about the service from the ombudsman service?!

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you're unhappy with the way FOS are dealing with your complaint, you can complain about them at any time: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/about/complaints-about-our-service.htm

Five months does seem extreme, but if your complaint is about something that is already resolved (in terms of access to your account) then I can see why it might not be seen as a particularly high priority.
  • civil12345
    civil12345 Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I think I'll wait until it gets to 6 months then complain that way.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Banks can suspend and unsuspend accounts whenever they like if they suspect fraud. If that's the only reason for your complaint, it won't go far with the FOS. The banks aren't allowed to tell you why they've suspended your account, so complaining about that won't wash either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure