Help needed- Spark Energy & Past Due Credit Solutions problems

Options
I today received a letter from Past Due Credit Solutions stating that I owe money to Spark Energy Supply Limited - In Administration. This is not the case, I paid this bill at the time I received it via the Spark Energy App. I have a bank statement to prove this. I am aware that Spark Energy went into administration on the 28/11/18 and this bill was issued around that time and paid on 12/12/18. So I called Past Due straight away. After explaining this several times Past due stated they would check with the administrators and if they confirm this they will not contact me again. They also stated that despite the debt being passed to them My credit rating would not be affected. The person I spoke to however did not seem confident on her answers and it seemed that someone else was listening to the call and providing answers. She also had to continue checking with her manager on what to do. I have two questions really and hopefully someone can help.
1) Will my credit rating be affected? I’m proud to say that I have a perfect credit rating and wish to stay that way. I have never had any outstanding debt.
2) Should I seek confirmation in writing that the debt is no longer and was in actual fact an error? If so who do I contact? Also is there anyone I can complain to?
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There was a similar thread about a week ago - OVO apparently had taken the payment intended for Spark as a deposit for their supply.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5956089

You might be in a similar position??
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BaxAL wrote: »
    I today received a letter from Past Due Credit Solutions stating that I owe money to Spark Energy Supply Limited - In Administration. This is not the case, I paid this bill at the time I received it via the Spark Energy App. I have a bank statement to prove this. I am aware that Spark Energy went into administration on the 28/11/18 and this bill was issued around that time and paid on 12/12/18. So I called Past Due straight away. After explaining this several times Past due stated they would check with the administrators and if they confirm this they will not contact me again. They also stated that despite the debt being passed to them My credit rating would not be affected. The person I spoke to however did not seem confident on her answers and it seemed that someone else was listening to the call and providing answers. She also had to continue checking with her manager on what to do. I have two questions really and hopefully someone can help.
    1) Will my credit rating be affected?

Definitely ;)

2) Should I seek confirmation in writing that the debt is no longer and was in actual fact an error? If so who do I contact?
    Your local pharmacy, perhaps? ;)
    Also is there anyone I can complain to?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Nigel Farage?
    https://nigelfaragemep.co.uk/pages/contact.php
  • Hi BaxAL

Sorry to hear about this.

I am so sorry for the late response.

Can you let me know if you still need help with this? Drop me a line to the email address in my profile. I'll need you to confirm your forum name, your real name, your address and the best number to call you on.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ryleon
    ryleon Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I've been having the same issues with PCDS. This situation is ridiculous and it's amazing that Spark could be so incompetent. PCDS are telling me that the money owed is because OVO have taken a security deposit when taking over, which is surely illegal. But Spark's call centre tell me that it is because they set up a new account and that the administrator (KPMG) now own the account and are the ones chasing the money.

PCDS sound like they are lying to make me pay and Spark sound like they are lying to get me off the phone.

The past 12 months dealing with Spark have been awful and this just tops it off. Absolute joke
  • Lesley34
    Options
    I’ve had 3 letters from PDCS have rang them countless times. First letter stated I owed them £70 the next was £155 and the 3rd £24. Which do I owe and how do I owe them as I have direct debits our my account every month.

Rang spark and they were no help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport