Sorry the administrator had banned your IP address

Options
Hi
Need help was on the forum earlier had a bit of trouble posting to my diary and eventually the post saved then when i tried to log in later im getting the message sorry the administrator has banned your ip address

Ive managed to log on using my data on my phone but cant get on using wifi can anyone help?

Raldo
Trust Deed Protected 1 out of 48 payments made 47 months to go!

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's possible that your ISP has allocated you a new IP address and previously this IP address had been blocked for some reason.

Try turning off your router for 5 minutes or so and the turn it back on again. You may be allocated another IP address which isn't blocked.
  • Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Options
    Try turning off your router for 5 minutes or so and the turn it back on again. You may be allocated another IP address which isn't blocked.

Good advice, and which equally demonstrates the futilty of MSE blocking any IP address.

As the OP has shown, there are other ways to use an alternative IP address for anyone intent on gaining access to this site, and this without going to any slightly more elaborate methods of disguising your IP address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure