Gazza104

Options
Further to my initial thread, does anybody know if there has been success in recovering PPI from last century, specifically the ACCESS card which, as we old people know, charged payment protection in with it's monthly repayments but was ,alas, absorbed by Mastercard in the early nineties

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PPI from last century, specifically the ACCESS card which, as we old people know, charged payment protection in with it's monthly repayments
    I'm old and I didn't know that ;)
    I seem to remember any PPI charge was itemised on, a separate line, but I could be wrong.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    specifically the ACCESS card which, as we old people know, charged payment protection in with it's monthly repayments

That is incorrect.
    I seem to remember any PPI charge was itemised on, a separate line, but I could be wrong.

That is correct. And it only did when
    a) you actually had PPI (most didnt)
    b) you borrowed on the card and didnt pay it in full that month.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gazza104 wrote: »
    we old people know, charged payment protection in with it's monthly repayments
    Credit card PPI always appeared itemised on a separate line of the monthly statement. It was not somehow "hidden" in the repayment, that is simply a myth sponsored by claim companies.

Regardless, good luck trying to complain about Access card PPI some twenty-three years after the last Access card was issued and without either a valid complaint nor any documentary proof that you even had a PPI policy.
  • Gazza104
    Options
    Sorry all for my confusing post, I'm a newbie, my main point was that I remember having a Nat-west Access card and paying for payment protection but obviously paperwork long gone. I just wondered if anyone had recovered from Mastercard, the company that took over Access.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mastercard have no liability as they didn't sell you anything, they took over processing payments for Access but they didn't sell the cards or payment cover so no, no-one has got PPI refund from Mastercard, only the card issuer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gazza104 wrote: »
    my main point was that I remember having a Nat-west Access card and paying for payment protection but obviously paperwork long gone. I just wondered if anyone had recovered from Mastercard, the company that took over Access.
    How others have fared in this regard is irrelevant I'm afraid, because any complaint you might make is falling at the first hurdle of having no evidence that you even held a PPI policy.

But even if you had such evidence, MasterCard wouldn't be liable for any mis-sale.

Do you truly expect any provider to simply refund monies for which you (and they, presumably) have no evidence of ? Do you even have any evidence of once holding a MasterCard?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure