Anyone else taking Lionbridge Exam next week?

Options

Comments

• OzzyBear
    OzzyBear Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Which one did you select to download?
    Sammyantha wrote: »
    Luke I have been so busy this week I haven't had much chance except for a couple of hours last night. I went through a couple of the quiz testers then did some rating. I have no idea how to accurately record my time though - i know what time i started and what time i finished and that's about it:rotfl:

Try this tool - http://www.lbtaskcontrol.com/ Someone recommended it to me and I can see it coming in handy :D
  • lavster
    lavster Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, Im currently waiting to sit my exam with there.

Just wondering is the tax on the income PAYE or will I need to declare it myself?
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    OzzyBear wrote: »
    Hi

Which one did you select to download?

This one - http://www.lbtaskcontrol.com/downloadfile.asp?type=exe :)
    lavster wrote: »
    Hi all, Im currently waiting to sit my exam with there.

Just wondering is the tax on the income PAYE or will I need to declare it myself?

You need to sort out your own tax and insurance etc as you are self-employed.

I found the tests quite hard, but as Fro said, that's largely because most of us won't yet have our heads around it. Read all the info they send to you, and refer back to it frequently while completing the tests and screeners. Good luck :beer:
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • luke1081
    luke1081 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    I am slightly worried that my times are going to be pretty off. I have tried to be accurate with a stopwatch but it's hard and I have forgotten to press "start" on several occassions. I hope they take my newbie status into account. I would have thought it would be easier if the company themselves simply record our times!
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    luke1081 wrote: »
    I am slightly worried that my times are going to be pretty off. I have tried to be accurate with a stopwatch but it's hard and I have forgotten to press "start" on several occassions. I hope they take my newbie status into account. I would have thought it would be easier if the company themselves simply record our times!

They do take all that into account. Did you read through all the notes and help files in the new rater hub?
  • luke1081
    luke1081 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Sammyantha wrote: »
    They do take all that into account. Did you read through all the notes and help files in the new rater hub?

Yep, it's a real minefield though! I'm getting there, done about 2 hours so far since we passed. How are you finding it?
  • ljwari
    ljwari Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    hi all wonder if you could help me with something please - i am trying to apply to do this and it is asking for and english cert any ideas?
  • Tigger36
    Tigger36 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, without going into any detail I can now see why the pay's so good. :rotfl:
    Done about 4 hours so far, surrounded by written notes. Not feeling very confident but hey we can only get better! And I do enjoy it.
    Anyone else had a problem submitting their bank details? I keep getting an error message. :eek:
    "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    Tigger36 wrote: »
    Wow, without going into any detail I can now see why the pay's so good. :rotfl:
    Done about 4 hours so far, surrounded by written notes. Not feeling very confident but hey we can only get better! And I do enjoy it.
    Anyone else had a problem submitting their bank details? I keep getting an error message. :eek:

I did at first, then I figured out you have to click your country then "get IBAN" and enter your IBAN no, not sort code and account as normal. You get your IBAN no off any of your bank statements/ online account etc. It contains both your sort and account and country, so lionbridge can get all the details at once from this one number :D
  • Fro-ald
    Fro-ald Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Yay - I passed :j:j:j

How are you old timers that started last week finding it? :)

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure