Options
2»

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    But ultimately if iMarketsLive was a genuine trading system the owners would use it rather than trying to sell courses.

Sometimes trading systems require sheep on 'courses' to follow them into trades to pump the stock price before the originator exits with a tidy profit and leave the sheep to take the downside.

Alex
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fireball68 wrote: »
    He has taken on this I markets live trader training and is paying £150 per month for this privilege :mad:?

He'll learn soon enough. To become a better investor one needs to make mistakes. That's how one learns.
  • nameeta26
    Options
    The mistakes are the best teachers that helps investors to learn and grow their skill and understanding. Another thing that comes bundled with this is the valuable experience.
  • dealer_wins
    Options
    nameeta give it up, trying to post like a normal person when you're a spammer with a site as dodgy as they come in your profile!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    nameeta26 wrote: »
    The mistakes are the best teachers that helps investors to learn and grow their skill and understanding. Another thing that comes bundled with this is the valuable experience.

The valuable experience of what it is like to be mugged.

Anyone using this company is a fool. Anyone promoting the use of this company is something that the board would filter out.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just make sure that it will only be his money that he uses / loses - not yours, your OH's or any other friend / relation.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The "What doesn't kill you make you stronger" school is nonsense. Having an arm chopped off won't kill you but makes you weaker. There is no point being a more experienced, wiser investor with no money to invest (because you lost it all in an MLM scam).

Sadly the evidence is that many MLM victims do not learn. They jump from one scam to the next chasing their losses, until they have a Damascene conversion or run out of money. Education is not the issue. You don't get someone out of a cult by pointing out that there is no God.
  • kennyboy661
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »

Sadly the evidence is that many MLM victims do not learn. They jump from one scam to the next chasing their losses, until they have a Damascene conversion or run out of money.

Couldn't have put it better.
    The last act of boiler rooms scams / pyramid scams is to sell (or take) their details to the next scammers. Those lists are gold dust for scammers
    You are far, far more likely to be scammed again.
  • Fireball68
    Options
    Couldn't have put it better.
    The last act of boiler rooms scams / pyramid scams is to sell (or take) their details to the next scammers. Those lists are gold dust for scammers
    You are far, far more likely to be scammed again.

Evening all, you will be glad to know that my son made the right decision and has quit doing this trading, MLM, pyramid scam. I just spoke to him left a while and spoke to him again giving him the time to think things over. Told him that people are either born into wealth, are clever enough to be in a job that earns them a very good wage and there are those small amount that are lucky to become wealthy overnight like a lottery win etc.Luckily my cousin spoke to him, whose a financial adviser, hopefully no dodgy deals? :) and it seems to have worked? Like all youngsters they always search for that quick money making scheme and unfortunately they will always be dodgy in one way or another? Thanks for your advice people its much appreciated!!
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Great news - it's good that he's got get-rich-quick schemes out of his system without suffering any more damage, or dragging you into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure