Travelling On

Options

Comments

• daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cbc, I feel karmacat won't mind me also using her page to pass on my best wishes to you at this difficult time. In any life there is always regrets and thoughts unsaid etc so while you now can't resolve anything directly with your brother you can certainly still take some private tome to yourself to have a really good talk with hi detailing any regrets you might have and talk it all out. Getting it out there will hopefully help you no longer feel like you are carrying around any burdens or unfinished business and allow you to feel more peaceful about the situation.

I know it's not ideal but try to make the best of the situation as it is rather than regret all the the things that are in the ostend can't be changed.

Your husband does not sound terribly sympathetic however again he is what he is and perhaps in his own way he is trying to protect you from hurt.

Take care Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thats a lovely post, Daisy, thank you. Hope you're doing okay, CBC.

I haven't dealt with my post, but I've been doing a lot:
    - contacted my colleague, we have a games evening (in the afternoon!) tomorrow, so he'll be giving me a lift, hurray.
    - contacted my Brixton friend.
    - an hour in the garden, gathering up very, very long grass in the borders. Is this horsetail? Its three feet long, I swear, and slowly drowning everything else. Thats the kind of thing I'll be able to keep on top of now.
    - quite a bit of scanning too, and finished off getting the repair materials for the fence together.
    - finished off with the shredding, and the bin is ready for tomorrow.
    - the washing was almost dry when I brought it in!
    - thats it, I'm snookered ... okay, tv is my friend. Westeros, and Death in Paradise :o to make me stop faffing about.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Death in Paradise is a guilty pleasure here, too! :) (shhhh!)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What a productive day:j. Enjoy your down time xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I thought horsetail had little tiny pairs of leaves at each joint on the stem?
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Not a clue ... not going to find out today either, I overdid it a bit yesterday, don't feel that good, and I'm going out today too :( luckily, my colleague has offered to give me a lift, so it'll be okay, I think. I've just got the tv on and my laptop on my knee, not doing anything except the bare minimum this morning

xxx
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you have had a nice relaxing day kc x
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    So sorry to hear your news CBC - I hope you're taking things gently and allowing yourself time to process/grieve. As others have said, I'm sure your brother heard you. x

You're up and at it early this morning KC! Good luck with your to-do list :)

Echoed by me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks both - I had a great visit yesterday with my board games buddies, one of whom I'll be losing soon as he moves to Glastonbury - it's a great fit for him, he runs sound healing workshops, and already knows a dozen people there.

I'm quite envious of the energy and ability both of them have :o both of them were doing other things as well yesterday, but after we got back, I needed to call my sister and my voice gave out completely, I couldn't talk at all :( As I said to my particular mate, I'm not moving house, even though I don't particularly like it here - I want things liveable/doable here as soon as possible, so I can devote my life to **me**.

With that in mind:
    - cc cards oops, must pay them.
    - transfer money to current acc.
    - check kindle I've been emptying out the kindle of anything superfluous, to see if it helps the performance. Not sure, I might still need to buy another.
    - check Amazon my SB Amazon vouchers came through yesterday - Amazon credit I now have £50 of credit on Amazon, that will help lots with the tech I need to buy (thinking of Norway - expansion bits and bobs for phone and camera, in particular. And flash drives to give to my brother and sister with all the family scans on them).
    - clear and tidy, tidy and clear. Partly to just keep things straight, partly because of the incoming stuff from my mum's house.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sounding really positive KC. Glastonbury is a nice place to visit.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback