Advice needed on dashcam and parking camera

Options
2»

Comments

• pe567567567
    Options
    They are asking £50 + vat to hide all wires etc including routing rear wires properly through the Trunking? connecting the tailgate to the body
  • pe567567567
    Options
    matphil wrote: »
    Thank you very much pe567567567 for your help I will take a look at that one.
    I will be interested to hear your thoughts on this as I'd much prefer a personal recommendation.
    Ill let you know, just FYI when you're looking around there was a second, less expensive choice, but they stopped recording when stationary which somewhat defeated the object IMO. Don't be concerned about having a screen or not because, by law, the screens have to switch off at 10?mph unless totally outwith the drivers vision
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got the Nextbase HD Duo last Saturday which does front and rear.

Very impressed. Still on offer at Halfords for £159. Fitting is £30 and you get the hard wire kit worth £20 free with fitting.

I got a Sandisk 128GB memory card from Amazon for £33.95. That should record approx 12hrs both front and rear.
  • bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2018 at 8:21PM
    Options
    This one come highly recommended by Techmoan who has reviewed a heck of lot of them - good price too

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2018/2/9/finally-a-good-affordable-front-rear-1080p-dashcam.html
  • pe567567567
    pe567567567 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Got both cameras fitted and they are working fine, nice to be able to control and review from my phone. Very unobtrusive and the recordings are good quality. Most controls customisable. A tad too sensitive, if anything. Comes with card and I see no reason to buy a bigger capacity as it overwrites and formats automatically. A good if a bit expensive, buy
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought Thinkware fitted front and rear.

Saved my £600 excess when it recorded a "lady" who bumped into my car got out checked her car and then did a runner.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got both cameras fitted and they are working fine, nice to be able to control and review from my phone. Very unobtrusive and the recordings are good quality. Most controls customisable. A tad too sensitive, if anything. Comes with card and I see no reason to buy a bigger capacity as it overwrites and formats automatically. A good if a bit expensive, buy

Good to hear. How much did fitting cost you in the end?
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have done a fair bit research and the best I can find for features and looks and my purposes is the Blackvue DR750S-2CH

Front and back in the box and you will need the Power Magic Pro if you want to use as a parking/movement sensor without draining your battery.

I have a pair of Blackvues, they are pretty good but you pay for the quality. They have shock sensors built in and and have already paid for themselves a few times over. If they get a bump they switch on and record but only front and back obviously.

Installation if pretty easy and straight forward just a little time consuming if you want to hide all the wires.
  • pe567567567
    pe567567567 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    Good to hear. How much did fitting cost you in the end?

Fitting was £45 lovely job
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fitting was £45 lovely job

Sounds very reasonable - where in the country are you if you don't mind me asking?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure