We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Japanese Knotweed - one shoot!

Options
13»

Comments

• DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Being a lab-rat at heart, I was more worried at the lack of safety info and application advice....

But I approve of his mse attitude nonetheless.
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Restores ones faith in human nature, shows not all are out to rob the unsuspecting

Or that £4:99 for a bottle of water isn't that much of a bargain ;)
  • SandraScarlett
    SandraScarlett Posts: 4,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, I'm sure it was the right stuff, as I can't see anyone going out of their way to visit me, just for cup of instant coffee (though it is Alta Rica!) and I prefer to see the best in people.

This is nothing whatsoever to do with JKW, but whilst at the local garden centre this week, I gave in my voucher for a free cup of coffee, with any cake or "tray bake" - whatever that is.

One of the staff said the scones had just come out of the oven, so I said that sounded nice, and there was a delicious aroma. Immediately the Manager said that a scone was not a cake, and I couldn't have it as part of the deal, so I settled for a slice of coffee and walnut.

Whilst enjoying this, the first member of staff came over, and gave me a foil wrapped parcel and said "this is on me". Inside was a scone, jam, and cream. Now wasn't that kind!

I do like to think that the majority of people have kind hearts. It's just they're not considered newsworthy.
  • BethanyD
    BethanyD Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Japanese Knotweed infestation can be a serious issue for a homeowner - you can be compensated if the source of the JKW comes from someone else's land, particularly land owned by a public body

I've just Googled and found a firm called Ashcroft Kennedy who give limited advice on their website
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BethanyD wrote: »
    Japanese Knotweed infestation can be a serious issue for a homeowner - you can be compensated if the source of the JKW comes from someone else's land, particularly land owned by a public body

I've just Googled and found a firm who give limited advice on their website
    I must learn to do this Googling, then maybe I might better understand the relevance of your post at this point.

Does the OP need the services of no win no fee solicitors with a somewhat over-dramatic web site right now?

I'll leave her to decide....
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    Just an update on the JKW saga. My Guardian Angel :A visited again last week, and using a trowel shaped item, but smaller than a usual trowel, dug down about a foot, and emerged with some more dead root, that he put in my incinerator. He then sprayed the area again, and said he'd visit, next Spring, to see if there was any new growth.

In reply to the poster who suggested this was just water in the bottle, then surely it would have had the adverse effect, and encourage the JKW to grow, not die!

My late husband, a keen gardener, died some years ago from Alzheimer's, so I have donated to this charity, as it made me feel I had paid something back for the kindness shown to me.

And, daft as this may seem to others, I reckon my husband had something to do with sending this angel!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure