Can anyone help/advise?

Options

Comments

• Clement1na
    Clement1na Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Dont think so.
    To be honest .I think my claim was unsuccessful because I was a bit later than most in applying,by which time I seriously think that the funds were running very dry.Several billion pounds had been paid out by then.

I also cannot understand why the FOS are not supporting my claim.
    I spent 30 years in managing debt and helping people to avoid debt and I feel that I know when I am being given the run-around.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Clement1na wrote: »
    To be honest .I think my claim was unsuccessful because I was a bit later than most in applying,by which time I seriously think that the funds were running very dry.Several billion pounds had been paid out by then.

That's not how it works.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So what other avenues are you going to explore other than post the same thing here every so often?
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In 1990 Halifax was still a building society and had nothing to do with BOS. It only became part of "HBOS" in 2001 after it de-mutualised in 1997.

May have no bearing, but in the interests of historical accuracy...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Clement1na
    Options
    My loan with the PPI was taken out personally in a branch of Halifax in 1990 as was my mortgage and both have Halifax printed on the documents .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Would Plevin apply to you ?
    Unless the finance was still in place in 2008 (extremely unlikely on a loan taken out three decades before) Plevin certainly does not apply.
    Clement1na wrote:
    I think my claim was unsuccessful because I was a bit later than most in applying,by which time I seriously think that the funds were running very dry.

I can tell you very frankly that the Banks have not run out of money to pay out PPI complaints.They continue to pay out huge amounts to successful complainants even now, 10 weeks before the last complaint is allowed.
    Clement1na wrote:
    My loan with the PPI was taken out personally in a branch of Halifax in 1990 as was my mortgage and both have Halifax printed on the documents .
    None of which has matters one jot; Halifax have already long since rejected your complaint as has the Ombudsman. While this may continue to be disappointing there really is nothing more you can do unless you want to take the bank to court. If you go down this latter route, it's very likely to be as disappointing as your last two years trying continually to make a successful complaint.

Face it, the end of your PPI journey was over some time back, so it's fruitless going over the same ground every few months here.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are saying that I need to accept that my complaint has failed and that Ive already exhausted all the avenues available.
    When I did NOT agree to the PPI and when this was witnessed??When Halifax admit that an endowment mortgage was NOT appropriate but have consistantly refused to say what was?

I hope that you can understand why I am more than disappointed.

So in 1990 you took out a loan and they added PPI you didn't agree too and didn't want and was clearly stated on the paperwork. Yet instead of making a complaint at the time you decide to do it 29 years later :rotfl: can't you see how ridiculous that is?
  • Clement1na
    Options
    Thanks for your empathy.However you may be aware that it wasnt until recently that Martin Lewis made us aware that the banking industry were employing unfair methods and that we could now act to claim back any funds which were taken without just cause. Hence the 29 years.
  • Clement1na
    Options
    Thanks for your views.
    Personally I worked very hard to earn my salary.I do donate to several charities.
    Halifax plc is not one of them.However you should feel free to do so if you want.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your empathy.However you may be aware that it wasnt until recently that Martin Lewis made us aware that the banking industry were employing unfair methods and that we could now act to claim back any funds which were taken without just cause. Hence the 29 years.

I would suggest you keep an eye on the news rather than just this site. Martin Lewis obviously helped bring the PPI miss-selling scandal to the wider public but it was well publicised back in 2008-2010 when the regulator and courts started looking into the selling and issues over PPI.

In your case, the regulator has ruled you were not miss-sold, the lender did not apply any unfair methods and the funds were not taken without just cause. Complaining this late does not give credibility to your situation, if you didn't want the PPI with your loan, why did you agree to it and not complain at the time? You could simply have refused it or complained when you noticed.

Your complaint reasons are easy enough to address - work sick pay is rarely as good as people think, even the NHS rarely offers more than 6 months full, 6 months half pay, did you have anything like that? Death in service benefit is not a complaint reason, you can't argue to pay your debt you would chose to die! There are only 1-2 occupations that are immune to redundancy, if a private firm goes under then you will get basic redundancy pay and nothing more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure