IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CEL POPLA APPEAL for parking at KFC - Help with reviewing!

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    POPLA website probably tells you in the FAQS, that the operator has 21 days (ish).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bear75
    Bear75 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2017 at 4:11PM
    Options

."..Now, of course CEL has not accepted my appeal. So I’m at POPLA stage".

I just received my POPLA reply today telling me I was unsuccessful but now I have to pay £100 instead of the reduced £60?! That can't be right?
    Surely I have the right to question these extortianate charges without the full penalty amount applying?

I actually had an email from KFC that stated "This operation has been put in place to deter non-KFC customers from parking there and forcing restaurant users to find an alternative"
    I was a patron and provided receipt proof that I was a KFC customer - still didn't matter.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 September 2017 at 4:26PM
    Options
    Bear75 wrote: »

."..Now, of course CEL has not accepted my appeal. So I’m at POPLA stage".

I just received my POPLA reply today telling me I was unsuccessful but now I have to pay £100 instead of the reduced £60?! That can't be right?
    Surely I have the right to question these extortianate charges without the full penalty amount applying?

I actually had an email from KFC that stated "This operation has been put in place to deter non-KFC customers from parking there and forcing restaurant users to find an alternative"
    I was a patron and provided receipt proof that I was a KFC customer - still didn't matter.

You do not have to pay £100. Who told you that?

If you want to discuss your case further then please start your own thread.
  • cromox
    cromox Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    POPLA website probably tells you in the FAQS, that the operator has 21 days (ish).

Oh missed that bit, thank you for the info!
  • Bear75
    Options
    Apologies, I wasn't trying to hijack a thread.
    I will post this separately
  • cromox
    cromox Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

very happy to say my appeal has been successful and CEL has not tried to provide evidence.

many thanks for your help and hopefully this can be useful to future victims of CEL, even in case where driver was identified

cheers

Best,
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Another ‘run away’ from CEL when faced with dealing with the truth.

Well done. :T
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done ..... you can still help the cause .....

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family