Bulb WHD 16th Oct 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Envelopes (snail-mail-brown) for qualifying core group hitting your doormat about now.

- in receipt of pension credit, and
    - qualifying supplier
    - named on leccy account

Should be auto paid by supplier between Oct '19 + Jan end '20

- flu jab
    - heat house to 18C
    - heat living room to warmer than 18C

Best of luck.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    uploaded scans of qualifying criteria no acknowledgement

my word against theirs when I dont get It

(broader group)
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Version 6.1 of the guidance [ some discretion to vary the eligibility criteria to address their specific customer base, however the support must be directed at those in or at risk of fuel poverty] for the broader group is issued to all participating suppliers.

It's a finite amount of £140 (- VAT) rebates for those who qualified in July this year, not every broader applicant may get it, if those applying exceed the number of rebates they are required to deliver and if you do get it this year you will not necessarily also receive it the following year without a new application being made on time.

Best of luck.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    in my case (now turned 65) it will be my last application
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    I forsee that many people will not get the broader group payout

seems that uploaded docs are not being recieved

scott.png

bulb-iplpaf.png
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    from the head of bulb WHD team

Dear cccc,

Thank you for forwarding Scott's message. I can confirm that Scott is correct and you are eligible based on your birthday.

We're updating our form later today to show this. You can also follow Scott's instructions and select yes regardless of the date if you look before the update goes live. We're sorry for the original confusion caused by the error in date on our form.

Best,
    Helen

but just HOW many have been denied due to this mix up
  • Biscuit_Tin
    Options

but just HOW many have been denied due to this mix up

There doesn't appear any evidence anyone has been denied WHD due to bulb not upodating their website when they opened up applications to the broader group just 5 days ago. (although some who did not know what they were doing may have been put off applying until the bulb webste is updated)

Last year, the application looked like this:

whd.staging.bulb.co.uk_criteria-1.png?w=1536&h=2085&fit=fill&f=center&fm=jpg&q=90

whd.staging.bulb.co.uk_prepare-docs.png?w=1536&h=1939&fit=fill&f=center&fm=jpg&q=90
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    however this year there are extra pages , the next page asks uf you are over 65 in 1st april (WRONG!!!) then it takes you to the next page

as well as item on first page you now need one of those

In addition, one of the following must also apply:

you’re responsible for a child aged 16 or younger who normally lives with you
    you’re aged 65 or older
    you get a disabled child premium
    you get a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium (this includes Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment and Attendance Allowance)
    you get a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
    you get the 'limited capability for work' or 'limited capability for work and work-related activity' element of Universal Credit
    you get the disabled child element of Universal Credit
    you get the disability or severe disability element of Child Tax Credit
    you get the Carer's Premium or Carer's Allowance for someone in your home
    you get the disability or severe disability element of Working Tax Credit

the second page is shown at energy ombudsman and is correct for 2019.20
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    There doesn't appear any evidence anyone has been denied WHD due to bulb not upodating their website when they opened up applications to the broader group just 5 days ago. (although some who did not know what they were doing may have been put off applying until the bulb webste is updated)

"Thanks for getting back in touch here. I've spoken to the head of our WHD team here about the matter and we've been clarifying that question specifically.

Because the core group are required to be 65 on that specific date, we matched that with the broader group however it has been confirmed that if you are 65 at the time of applying, you'll be eligible and will be paid. If you answer yes in that question in the form and as part of submitting evidence, are able to confirm you are 65 at the time of applying, that will be sufficient."

they are updating site today to reflect correct DOB

anyone that was born between 1st april and october 1954 has been denied WHD

due to there mistake
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills