SolarCells- How do I set it up to receive payments?

Options
Hi, My parents have moved into their new home and are having a nightmare setting up their electricity tariff due to complications with wrong meter numbers etc. I am on top of this, but there seems to be no information about what they need to do with regards to their solar cells.

They have solar cells installed and it is supplying electricity to the grid, but from what i can see it has not been registered. My questions are... (1) how do I help them set-up the solar cells so that they will receive the feed-in tariff
(2) are they missing out on money as they haven't set it up yeat - or is it all paid on a meter reading at the end?
(3) is there anything else I should know.

I'd really appreciate any feeback you can give me, as I am at a loss with how to deal with this one.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, My parents have moved into their new home and are having a nightmare setting up their electricity tariff due to complications with wrong meter numbers etc. I am on top of this, but there seems to be no information about what they need to do with regards to their solar cells.

They have solar cells installed and it is supplying electricity to the grid, but from what i can see it has not been registered. My questions are... (1) how do I help them set-up the solar cells so that they will receive the feed-in tariff
    (2) are they missing out on money as they haven't set it up yeat - or is it all paid on a meter reading at the end?
    (3) is there anything else I should know.

I'd really appreciate any feeback you can give me, as I am at a loss with how to deal with this one.

Your parents should have been provided with a MCS Certificate for the installed PV array.

This link shows the registration requirements for EDF. Remember, supply and generation contracts are not linked; that said, most people register their panels with their existing supplier.

https://www.edfenergy.com/for-home/energy-efficiency/feed-in-tariff-application-form

Your parents will be paid FITS/export payments for 20 years. Most properties have an export meter that needs to be read by the homeowner every three months.
  • ffeindadifyr
    ffeindadifyr Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts