Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    There is definatly something about chanting in a larger group :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    BTee email down.
    I have a lot to do & am stuck :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Always something it's never-ending :(

We were shown how to remedy pressure drop on the boiler although it rarely happens. Guess there's something really wrong if it's an ongoing thing. Do you have boiler cover? I recently signed up to BG again and got £75 cash back via Quidco. Worth it for the peace of mind and they come out very quickly especially if they know you're disabled.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope your email works soon, it always goes at the worst possible time!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    [/B]

I so agree with this.
    Just like Christmas, I have made a conscious decicion not to overspend & have cut down dramatically on Christmas presents. I refuse to put myseld in debt to buy things people neither need nor want. xx

One of the most infuriating things at school was knowing certain parents were in quite a lot of debt to school for their children's dinners but they were the ones that would come swanning in at Christmas with ridiculous presents for teachers all for show. Of course the teachers and other parents knew nothing about the money owed but I knew and it used to make my blood boil. xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    One of the most infuriating things at school was knowing certain parents were in quite a lot of debt to school for their children's dinners but they were the ones that would come swanning in at Christmas with ridiculous presents for teachers all for show. Of course the teachers and other parents knew nothing about the money owed but I knew and it used to make my blood boil. xx

You could not make it up:eek: xx

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One of the things that I'll never forget is a particularly large debt that had built up for 3 children on school dinners. At the end of her tether the Head refused to let the children have school dinners one day and asked me to ring their Mum to tell them they would need a packed lunch each that day and from then on. She was at home so she could have made them something but instead she turned up with a sandwich for each of them and a drink bought from the local butty shop. I know for a fact those sandwiches would have cost at least £2 each and the drinks £1 each. Don't think we ever got that money back from what I remember.

As you say you couldn't make it up. xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Not the best of starts to the day.
    Had an early clinic appointment about 20 miles ago.
    Got there & absolutly no parking to be had.
    Eventually got parked on a double yello & plodded off.
    Not even in 10 minutes.
    What a blooming waste of time, & money for petrol.
    Bah.

• beanielou
    Options
    In better news I got a new jacket which was reduced & when I got to the till it was reduced even more :T :T :T

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bah to the waste of time appt :mad: and hooray for a reduced price jacket :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback