PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

Options

Comments

• LadyhavershamLost
    Options
    October 23rd in Berkshire..
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If i put it on its too hot, if i turn it off its too cold....
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    If i put it on its too hot, if i turn it off its too cold....

I've found one of those quilted body warmers does a very good job of actually keeping you warm when you don't want to put the heating on. I always thought that with them being sleeveless, my arms would miss not having the extra covering that a sleeved jacket of some kind provides but actually this doesn't seem to be the case. I have a couple I bought from charity shops and wouldn't be without them.
  • Penguin8410
    Options
    its definitly colder and we're in a flat which is south facing and generally warm all year round! windows were all shut last night except our bedroom one which is open even in snow.

have bought me and the kids new slippers from tesco £14 for 3 pairs and have jumpers on in the evening. Hoping to last out until october.....
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've just spoken to my mum, and she tells me she feels cold tonight.

I've been wandering around town and feel anything but! Am hoping to get some sleep this evening, last night was spent listening to the howling wind. It wasn't even that bad in London!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Just changed from our 1 tog duvet to new feather & down 4.5 tog.

I am wearing my UGG boots that I wear as slippers & have got my blankey ready on the sofa if it gets colder.
    Heating still off.
  • coffeehound
    Options
    First year in a Long time we haven't had an 'Indian Summer' . . . or maybe it just hasn't happened yet . . .
  • Slowdown
    Options
    I agree. It feels like we've plunged into late autumn without those balmy September days we often have.
    We have a policy of no heating before November but we have plenty of jumpers and woolly socks. I do love a hot water bottle too.
    Given the gas prices and the fact I'm leaving my job at Christmas, I'm hoping for a mild winter.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Given in... yes its on and its staying on.
  • carlislelass
    Options
    On today, having carpets laid so the place feels freezing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills