PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

Options

Comments

• purpleybat
    Options
    I thought Saturday evening was chilly, but I think I was feeling it as was a little under the weather and very tired. I didn't bother putting the heating on, I just snuggled under a duvet on the sofa
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have a wood burner and plenty of free wood to use up, so will see how long we can resist. It's only a diddy one, that heats the living room for the first 2 hours then spreads to gently take the chill off everywhere. I'm hoping between that and the electric blankets we can hold off until October. The only trouble we have is when it rains, as hubby cycles home and needs his soggy shoes dried for the next day. Might try propping them upside down over dehumidifier and see if that does the trick!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    HWB evening #2. That and my 30 togs help me to sleep.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Sj62
    Sj62 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Tried vainly to avoid turning the CH up to 19 but spent an hour trying to find fingerless gloves to wear indoors so s*d that - on it went. It's on the thermostat so has switched itself off now.

The duvet is on along with a bedspread and I found a brand new set of bed socks in the CS so they will be in the bedside drawers, just in case ...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not yet as its not really cold enough here in Kent.I am hoping to hang on until at least the end of the month if I can
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't put the heat on yet but we did have candles on yesterday for a couple of hours :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    CH - not yet, but woodburner, yes - DH is a chippy so we loads of Free wood, we'd be mad not to use that first :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I'm home alone and have been cold for the last two days at work, one of which had me getting soaked to the skin whilst moving stuff from one side of the site to another.

I'm in a less than ideal mood, and there's no food in the house, so I decided 'stuff it' and put the heating on.

Still hungry, but not in as much of a bad mood now. It means the cats aren't hysterically clambering all over me to get some warmth and sticking their claws into my leg either, as they're both splodged out with big, peaceful looks on their faces.

I'd rather have warmth than food at the moment.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    No not at all. Although it is cold! From evening I'm sitting with 2 blankets. I will definitely hang on until next month but then I might start putting it on for 1/2 hour in the morning. In the evenings, warm PJs and the open fire
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    The weather report says it is warmer, but I feel chilly so it went on today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure