Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The day went so fast.
    Managed to finish the blinds before the lunchtime class. Two girls booked in, and we made lavender filled hearts for Mother's Day.
    After the shop closed I stayed to hand Sew a set of curtains hems.
    At 4 I left to go and collect Dgd. Had a cuppa with family before coming home. Our evening plans changed, my friend cancelled so Dgd cheered up with a McD and I had leftovers from the night before.
    I watched mindless tv before bed.
    This morning I woke earlier to get some sewing done before Mother's Day duty kicks in at Lunchtime.
    This year I have had a card in the post from twin1, and a goody bag of things from Biggest. Dgd has made me a card at school and yesterday decorated a pot plant while with Biggest. So I have a lovely purple pansy now. I had to smile as her things say "happy Moo's Day!" Love it x
    Porridge and then sewing time.
    Hope everyone has a great family day, and if you are without family, that you take time to just enjoy the world around you xx
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 March 2018 at 3:49PM
    Options
    Afternoon all

Had a surprise this morning. DS arrived at 8.30 to take us out for breakfast and we were still in bed. To be fair he hadn't let us know.

So we leapt out of bed, showered and dressed while DS telephoned to Bill's in Park St. He made a reservation for 9.30 We had a lovely breakfast. OH had a full breakfast and DS and I had buttermilk pancakes with syrup, strawberries, blueberries and banana, A free surprise glass of prosecco for each mother adorned with a half strawberry completed the treat.

I did some housework this morning in a bit of a blur lol ! DD gave me a silver chain for my birthday pendant I bought with my vouchers. DGS made me a Mother's Day card with loads of glitter.

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.
    Gers I am glad DM had a lovely birthday.
    Thinking of Holly H. Nelski add my name and best wishes to hre card if it's not too late. Thanks.

Hugs and spoons all round.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Whoops sorry Mooloo wrong thread. Don't know how to delete this post. Sorry.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Whoops sorry Mooloo wrong thread. Don't know how to delete this post. Sorry.

Gintot

That's fine, nice to know that you had a good day.
    We had lunch with my Mum and my Son, and got to see DGS6 he's so cute!
    I had been sewing all morning but still not caught up with the work and when I came home it was the last thing I wanted to do.
    I had a nap, a bath, and Dgd cooked pancakes for tea.
    I should be doing that sewing but I have no enthusiasm for it at all.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well to be honest I would not be keen on doing the sewing either.
    Not sure what the answer is.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well to be honest I would not be keen on doing the sewing either.
    Not sure what the answer is.

I am not going to be sewing tonight. I will press the things that I did this morning, in the morning before I go to work. The jobs will just have to be done in the shop tomorrow. I have several people coming in for sewing trials this week. Hopefully I will find someone who can take on some of my work. My hands need the rest, and I want to focus on the more mundane side of things like the actual profits, planning etc that I don't do enough of.

Biggest is not expected to come to work tomorrow, so I will move my machine down to the shop floor, so that I don't have to keep running up and down the stairs every time the door opens.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    DS is in trouble at work and has to move out before the 2nd April. I don't know exactly why, but he has been having problems with the click of staff and the neice of the boss was brought in above him even though she doesn't know what she is doing. He has a beard and a ponytail and they are trying to make him shave and cut his hair. They are also complaining that he has his children in his flat. Basically they don't want him anymore and are doing everything they can to get him to go, and now a disciplinary based on complete fabrication of lies by certain staff. I saw some of the undermining going on myself yesterday. I have told him that he needs to go look for another job now, not wait for the disciplinary. I have told him to decide what exactly he is doing with the mother of his children and that if they are going to try again, then they must try (she has been stopping at his place quite a lot as far as I can see).
    He owes his sister for the car insurance and has messed up with bank charges. He had £225 worth of bank charges this month!!
    I could not believe that banks can do that. They have put him in the vicious circle of debts. I am going to try to investigate this on Wednesday with him
    I shall scour this site and see what can be done.

I am struggling with my hands and have realised that I have not been taking my golden paste since I went away last month. So time to start that again.
    Time to wake Dgd and get my backs packed for work with all of the stuff I brought home.
    See you later.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Mooloo, I don't know what to say :(

Thinking of you and sending (((HUGS)))
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the problems with DS, Mooloo - and here's a suggestion that could well be an absolute non-starter - but what about you employing DS in the shop? You've said that Biggest is going to be limited in what she can do with the pregnancy and everything else - but could DS fill the role? Moving stuff around, dealing with customers etc - you could even see if he has an aptitude for sewing (think of all the tailors and big designers!) .

Just throwing you a suggestion xxxxx
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the problems with DS, Mooloo - and here's a suggestion that could well be an absolute non-starter - but what about you employing DS in the shop? You've said that Biggest is going to be limited in what she can do with the pregnancy and everything else - but could DS fill the role? Moving stuff around, dealing with customers etc - you could even see if he has an aptitude for sewing (think of all the tailors and big designers!) .

Just throwing you a suggestion xxxxx

I am going to employ seamstresses first because of my hands, and free me up to do Biggests side of things. I doubt DS would want to work there.
    I would like to see him sorted but I don't think I could work with him. I want to bash his and his ex gf heads together sometimes!
    He just doesn't listen and both biggest and I are fed up of trying to help him.
    I would have employed him if I was still running a pub, but only if I didn't have to work every day with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure