Solarplicity energy company a pain

Options
Hi I changed energy companies to Solarplicity and it is just a pain. I normally change about every year fixed without problems.
[FONT=&quot] This time has been an exception. They transfer electricity okay, but forgot about the gas. So I am now with 2 energy companies. Trying to sort it out has not been easy, so I opened a complaint with Ofgem, but I have to give Solarplicity 8 weeks to sort out. The latest is my electricity is with Solarplicity from 18 June 2017, and the gas will be from 10 August 2017. I am still not satisfied because I want both to finish at the same time, so I told them this and I am still waiting a reply. I will write to them again soon telling them their 8 weeks is up, and I will continue the complaint with Ofgem. Also giving them readings is strange, so I will just send them a reading in an email[/FONT]

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    energy1 wrote: »
    Hi I changed energy companies to Solarplicity and it is just a pain. I normally change about every year fixed without problems.
    [FONT=&quot] This time has been an exception. They transfer electricity okay, but forgot about the gas. So I am now with 2 energy companies. Trying to sort it out has not been easy, so I opened a complaint with Ofgem, but I have to give Solarplicity 8 weeks to sort out. The latest is my electricity is with Solarplicity from 18 June 2017, and the gas will be from 10 August 2017. I am still not satisfied because I want both to finish at the same time, so I told them this and I am still waiting a reply. I will write to them again soon telling them their 8 weeks is up, and I will continue the complaint with Ofgem. Also giving them readings is strange, so I will just send them a reading in an email[/FONT]

Hi - I think that you mean The Energy Ombudsman not Ofgem. Ofgem does not consider consumer complaints against suppliers. I suspect that your gas transfer was delayed by the roll-out of Project NEXUS across the gas industry. Ofgem gave a temporary derogation to the Licence commitment which gives suppliers 35 days to takeover a supply. It is not unusual for gas and electricity to transfer at different times, and rarely do one year fixed tariffs end on the same day. I suspect that if you escalate the complaint to The Energy Ombudsman, and wait a further 8 weeks for a decision,that the Ombudsman will find in the supplier’s favour. Why not just ask Solarplicity if it will agree to end your gas contract on the 18th June 2017? This is termed a mutual variation of contract and allowed for under Licence Conditions ( assuming Solarplicity agrees).
  • Pagett
    Pagett Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    energy1 wrote: »

People are often better off with 2 seperate suppliers.
    Have you checked?

When ever you switch, even to the same supplier, there is no guarantee both supplies will switch the same day - something I am very surprised you don't know considering you calim to switch about once per year.

As for supplying meter redaings, what exactly do you find "strange" about this online form? :huh:
    https://loco2energy.com/customers/meter-reading
  • energy1
    Options
    I have never ever had problems before changing suppliers. And Solarplicity sent 2 pdf's which stated on the 19 June 2017 electricity and gas will be supplied from them. I don't want to mess with 2 different supplies. I told Solarplicity I want both to end on 19 June 2018. At the moment electricity starts from 19 June 2017, and gas will start 10 August 2017. I now have a case number from [FONT=&quot]Ombudsman Services.
    I am not interested in the mechanics of how they switch. All I am interested is when they will start and it is fixed, and correct. I am now waiting for a reply to that. Because when I switch again I want to do both , without penalities at the same time.
    [/FONT]
  • nualaginty
    Options
    I thought EDF and First Utility were bad but Solarplicity takes the biscuit.

I have been trying to pay my bill for over a week now and nothing. No one answers the phone and when someone did call me back they were so chippy to me I had to end the call and request a mgr call me back! Still no call back.

They have NO social media presence and I really can't believe they are still going as a supplier

Jokers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport