skygo from iPad or iPhone to tv

Options
Hi all

We are about to move house and I have an outbuilding I will use as my office. I want to do it up nicely and one thing I wanted was a tv on the wall. I have the use of my parents sky via skygo and wanted to be able to stream it when in the ‘office’ to the tv.

To do this, can I use an Apple TV box? If so, do you need an Apple TV subscription?

Is there an easier way to achieve this (maybe a lead option?) does the type of tv matter, or any specific connections required?

Thanks!
I've just started entering the competitions (July 07). When I win I'll update this signature. Look on the bright side, I shouldn't have to update it very often.

Comments

• dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AFAIK sky didn't allow their app to cast or connect to TV via a cable.
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you all live at the same address
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lawtz04 wrote: »
    Hi all

We are about to move house and I have an outbuilding I will use as my office. I want to do it up nicely and one thing I wanted was a tv on the wall. I have the use of my parents sky via skygo and wanted to be able to stream it when in the ‘office’ to the tv.

To do this, can I use an Apple TV box? If so, do you need an Apple TV subscription?

Is there an easier way to achieve this (maybe a lead option?) does the type of tv matter, or any specific connections required?

Thanks!

You can’t cast SkyGo from a phone/tablet.

You’d have to use a laptop with an HDMI output to the TV.
    ====
  • lawtz04
    lawtz04 Posts: 585 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies. Looks like it’s a no go on the sky go! No we don’t live in the same house :)

Thanks
    I've just started entering the competitions (July 07). When I win I'll update this signature. Look on the bright side, I shouldn't have to update it very often.
  • Kickup
    Options
    My dad uses my sky go just for sky sports and tried for ages to get it onto the telly. We read that it works via an Xbox so he brought a second hand Xbox 360 from eBay and now watches all the sport on the big telly instead of he's little iPad. He's only tried the sport but it is via my sky go account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure