Littlewoods refused return as 'used'

Options
Hiya..
I purchased three pairs of trainers on a Littlewoods credit account, non fit correctly so I returned them.
I have been checking my account and saw that only two pairs had been credited, the third pair hadn't.
I contacted them and after lots of back and fourth, was told that the third pair hadn't been credited due to them being used, that there was clear wear and tear on the sole.
I'd tried only one trainer on, on a carpet and had it on for a minute or two.
They are currently being sent back to me and they have added a few charges to my account.
Where do I stand with this? I have been a customer with them for around 15 years and have never experienced this before and am concerned that I'm going to have to pay £70 for a pair of trainers that do not fit correctly.
Any advice welcome
Roobie

Comments

• denk15
    denk15 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Littlewoods is online only now isn't it?

So you would be covered by the consumer contracts regulations (google it). but essentially, you have 14 days from the day you received the goods to cancel. I am assuming you did this.

The seller is then obliged to give you a full refund. They may make a deduction as a result of excessive handling that has caused a drop in value. The extent to which you can handle goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop. I.E trying on the shoes is fine, going out for a run in them is not.

You are getting the shoes back, so you have the physical evidence that they are not used. I would communicate with Littlewoods about their dispute procedure and take it up the chain
  • roobie
    Options
    Thanks for your reply..
    I received the trainers back today and actually they really did look as though they had been worn outside and didn't smell great either!
    I rang customer services and they put me in touch with the compliance team who listened to what I had to say and decided that they had most likely been ordered by someone prior to me who returned them in that state and that they hadn't been checked when accepted back into stock due to time constraints.
    All charges have been refunded and the trainers also.
    Thanks
    Roobie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family