Armed Forces Compensation Scheme

Options
2»

Comments

• darrrren
    darrrren Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    I injured myself about 2011. The army have been having me do Pt as normal ever since and gave me insoles for my ankle issues. Only two years ago after years of complaining didn't hey give me an MRI scan that showed a hole in my cartiladge.i had an operation and put a claim in. They refused to pay as it was outside of a certain period from fist reporting the injury, over 6 years I believe. I appealed it and said why would I claim for an injury until I knew the diagnosis, in this case it took the army over six years to diagnose me. The appeal was refused also. Any ideas what to do next? Why would I of claimed for it five years back when they only told me two years ago what was up with it? I have been failed by both the medical chain and compensation scheme here.
  • hammy1988
    hammy1988 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    darrrren wrote: »
    I injured myself about 2011. The army have been having me do Pt as normal ever since and gave me insoles for my ankle issues. Only two years ago after years of complaining didn't hey give me an MRI scan that showed a hole in my cartiladge.i had an operation and put a claim in. They refused to pay as it was outside of a certain period from fist reporting the injury, over 6 years I believe. I appealed it and said why would I claim for an injury until I knew the diagnosis, in this case it took the army over six years to diagnose me. The appeal was refused also. Any ideas what to do next? Why would I of claimed for it five years back when they only told me two years ago what was up with it? I have been failed by both the medical chain and compensation scheme here.

Contact the British Legion, they will assist you on your claims.
  • zyonchaos
    zyonchaos Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I have had issues since 2000 with my knee, everytime did the fitness test I had more issues. Go to med centre, told to rest it and take some brufen! Cut to 2015 I am helping my recently disabled wife, when my knee gives way nearly dropping me and my wife, went back to the med centre doctor referred me for a MRI, got me physio and apparently I have a fallen arch in my left foot that was giving me !!!! in my knee. One set of insoles later and pain is reduced (still there, just not as bad) however the damage is done and I am downgraded and cant raise a claim until I leave the mob in 4yrs. Which judging by a lot of the stuff I see on here will probably be turned down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure