password keeper

Options
ktate
ktate Posts: 114 Forumite
Hi all can anyone recommend a password safe that I can use has im getting very forgetfull im struggling to rememeber which password for where lol I had a free one off hear but
I cant remember where from anyhelp thank you

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What platform? Windows, macOS, iOS, Android?
  • ktate
    ktate Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for asking its for my main pc running windows 10 which has just been up graded so think it is the latest windows 10
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KeePass works well for me.

https://keepass.info/
    Stompa
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I too use Keypass. Be careful to make a backup copy on a USB memory stick too.

Mostly I use 1Password on my iPhone (free, or £9.99 to enhance its features)... there is another thread on here discussing phone password safes, while 1Password can link a phone with a PC, etc. That feature costs around £3.99 a month, which is very expensive. I just use the basic version and back it up to the Apple iCloud (free storage).
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lastpass works on all platforms and there is a free version.
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'll second LastPass.
    I've just installed it on my machine at home, my mobile and my works machine.
    It appears to synchronise fine so far across all 3.

My only (small) gripe is that, although I use chrome on my mobile, I need to use the LastPass app on my phone to be able to use it, it doesn't seem to work using chrome (if that makes sense).

As an aside, does anyone know if there's a way round the issue with chrome on a mobile not using LastPass?
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rmg1 wrote: »
    I'll second LastPass.

As an aside, does anyone know if there's a way round the issue with chrome on a mobile not using LastPass?

In my "1Password" settings on my iPhone, there is an option to pick it's own browser, Safari, Chrome or Firefox. These are to use when clicking on a link in the password vault. So it is possible to use Chrome, at least with 1P/W.

FWIW, the "Adblock" browser isn't supported and as I don't use Chrome, I cannot say if a site that requires a log-in will take you to the password vault in the same manner as Safari does (press the up arrow in the square box, middle bottom of screen).
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that.
    Does 1Password sync across devices?
    If it does, it might be a better option than LastPass (for me at least)/
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • MsPisces
    MsPisces Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I use lastpass which is great. I had to change my default browser back to chrome on my mobile.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    rmg1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    Does 1Password sync across devices?
    If it does, it might be a better option than LastPass (for me at least)/
    Yes, You can sync manually for free or through Dropbox (I think). If you want seamless syncing using 1Password's own servers you have to pay an annual subscription of about £30.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure